Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.Selvi Ravindran (working)     08 June 2011

need a help

Hello

I would like tio post my query.

My mother ha got a land from my maternal grandmother as divided share of my grandma and she has constructed a two story buildinng on her earnings and taken loan from me. I am the second in my family of three children .  I am teh second daughter to my parents and  took the pain of  taking care of both my father and mother till their death. Both my parents were teachers and retired and were staying with me till their end. Their entire mediacl expenses were borne by me for teh entire period of their life.

I had a younger sisiter who was married and passed away in 1990 left a son at the age of one month baby being taking care by me till date and he is 22 years now and living with me along with my two children We are not aware of the whereabout of her husband. 

My elder brother ( only brother ) with his family stayed in my mother's place did not take care of my parents till his death. My Brother died in Nov 2003 and my mother in April 2004. s. After my mother's death, the property was transfered in the name  of my father and me being the legal heir of my mother. Now my father died in Jan 2011.

The problem what I faced is that  after my bother's & my mother's death, my sister in law who never took  care of my father now created problems at teh time of my father's death.

She and her relatives are claiming that the property of my mother is belonging to them.  Fo the past 24 years  of my stay at Cehnnai, I have been taking care of my parents and my siister's son, i never approach any of my relatives for any sort of help. I really do not know how to solve the problem.

After my father's death, i got the legal heir certificate indiacting that my mother, brother and sister were  expired and I am the only legal heir. Is it in order ?

I want to dispose off teh property. kindly let me know who is the legal heir of my mother's property  and let know whether my sister in law has any right in my mother's property.

I need a legal opinion on this

Regards

selvi

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 June 2011

your sister in law is not the legal heir of your mother, you are the only surviving member of your family so you are only the legal heir.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register