LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SWEET.TALK10 (senior technician)     02 June 2011

preventing from fake dowry casees

HI,  MY QUESTION IS THAT HOW CAN I GIVE PROTECTION TO MY FAMILY FROM FAKE DOWRY CASE WHICH CAN BE HELD IN FUTURE AND CREATE A PROBLEM FOR US. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION . PLEASE REPLY A.S.A.P. THNXS WITH GOOD REGARDS.

Learning

7 Replies

Krishna Kumar (Business)     02 June 2011

You can go to police station (where your wife could file the case) and explain the suituation like your wife might file false dowry case against you.

You can write a letter the same and sumit to the police station and tell them not to take any action against your wife and their family now. The will keep that as a record, and will not take action. If you can prove in front of police any threats done by your wife and their family for filing 498a, that would help you to safegaurd you.

Incase if you sure they are going to file the case, you can go and get AB. That will prevent arrest. But I dont think you can prevent filing any case by wife.

Learned members, pls correct me if I am wrong.

(Guest)

Yes , if ur wife has a croocked mind and wants only money then surely there is no escape from this...

Better say no to Marriage..

2 Like

G.S.Sandhu (Lawyer)     02 June 2011

You can give a complaint in writing to the incharge of Police station with copies to Superintendent of police, human rights commission stating that your wife is threatening or blackmailing you as well as your family to frame you in false cases and this will have a limited purpose only to the extent that you may get anticipatory bail. There is no way for protection from filing of fake case

prabhakar singh (advocate)     03 June 2011

Precautions suggested by Mr. are GOOD on to go with.BUT Mr.Krishna Kumar is right that no one can prevent other from implicating one for false charges or from suing one on false ground,as the remedy starts only when the charge falls through after trial by court and not earlier to that.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     03 June 2011

@Krishna

Your suggestion contains inherent fallacious assumption that when @sweet.talk10 would go to police station, the officers would help him. On the contrary, the truth is, they would find out who is his wife, and then they would teach the wife how to implicate her husband and family in a professional way. In my opinion its inherently dangerous to approach police.

My advice to @sweet.talk10 is that he should start collecting proofs in the form of voice/video recordings etc. with which he can show that his wife filed the complaint with pre-fabricated and ulterior motives.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

1 Like

Krishna Kumar (Business)     03 June 2011

@Saurabh Vashist,

Yes, even going to police also is danger incase if they turn the case to get the money frm the wife. If the police are genuine, going to police will work.

Thanks for pointing out.

rajshree (freelance)     04 June 2011

1. You can prepare for the worst as you have time
  2. Study all the sections of law
  3. Think of past incidents and arrange proof of innocence
  4. Handle police with caution
  5. Talk with some advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register