Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 June 2011

Sri Satya Sai Baba, Bhagavan or pretender?

Shri Satya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi died a few weeks ago. It was the bold headline news for all newspapers and TV channels. Our ancient literatures say that near the Ashramas of Rishis, both tiger and deer would drink water together from the same pond. I remembered that when I saw on TV Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi, L. K. Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi all together at the venue, where Baba’s body was lying in State.

Newspapers also narrated the various miracles performed by the Baba. One bhakta said that he was cured of his incurable illness by Baba. In another case a dead person was brought back to life by the Baba. The most astounding report was that of Justice V. R. Krishna Iyer. At least some people may remember that he was a cabinet minister in the first communist government under EMS Namboodiripad in Kerala. He was (and probably still claims to be), an avowed atheist, though after the death of his wife, her soul often visited him. Some years back he was suffering from failing eye-sight. He went to Whitefield to meet Sai Baba. He could see Baba from a distance only as a vague figure. Then Baba came near Iyer and greeted him. At that time Justice Iyer could see Baba very clearly. Then onwards his eye-sight was fully restored. The story was narrated by Iyer himself in the Times of India.

There were also a few detractors for Satya Sai Baba. One of them was Prof: Abraham Kovoor. Many may not have heard of Dr. Bhagavantham. He was considered a top scientist and had also served as Scientific Advisor for Defence. In his narration once he went to see Sai Baba along with the Vice President of Seiko Watch Company in Japan. On seeing the Japanese gentleman, Baba brought a watch from air and handed over to him. The Japanese gentleman was astounded to see that it was the proto-type of the next generation watch, which Seiko was planning to introduce in the market. Prof Kovoor wrote to Dr. Bhagavantham to get details of the incident including the name and address of the Japanese gentleman. There was no reply. Then Prof: Kovur himself wrote to Seiko watch company. He got a reply that neither their Vice President nor any other senior officer of the Company knew anything about Mr. Satya Sai Baba. Prof: Narasimham, who was, I think Vice Chancellor of Bangalore University challenged Satya Sai Baba. He got disgraced. The Times of India reported that all of them were dead, as though they died because they opposed Satya Sai Baba.

Raj Kiran was a well known actor several years ago. Then he suddenly vanished and many of his friends thought he was dead. Very recently he was found in a mental asylum in USA. In the nineties he allegedly tried to kill Satya Sai Baba and was jailed. Finally he landed in a mental asylum. Was it because of Satya Sai Bhabha?

Baba claimed that he was an Avatar of Shirdi Sai Baba. He also claimed that whereas other god-men and women were only messengers of God, he was God Himself. Tatvamasi Aham Brahmasmi.  It means that all of us are God, not just Satya Sai Baba alone. He claimed that he would live up to 96 years and would maintain his youthfulness until then. He died 11 years too early and old age had visibly caught up with him. With age bones become brittle and break even with a small fall. He fell twice. Once he broke his hip and on another occasion his shoulder bone. During the last years of his life he was on a wheel-chair. He had an expensive imported car. The seat next to the driver’s seat in the car could be turned towards the door, to enable Sai Baba to transfer himself from the wheel-chair to the car seat. I saw in TV Mr. Karunanidhi visiting his daughter Kanimozhi in Tihar jail. He, as well as his attendants, had to exert considerably to move from the wheel-chair to the car seat. I thought that, now Satya Sai Baba was dead, Mr. Karunanidhi could have purchased or borrowed that car. He claims that he was atheist. But I hear that his son Stalin was a Bhakta of Sai Baba.

When Satya Sai Baba was on his death-bed, the attending doctors were issuing medical bulletins, reporting the failure of his vital organs one by one. It appeared that his body also was similar to the bodies of others.

Mahakavi Kalidasa said that the kings of Ikshvaku dynasty were Rajarshis. They were icchamrityus, which meant they could choose the time of their deaths. When they felt that it was time to reject their mortal body, they went to the Himalayas and meditated. Through their yogic powers they raised their prana to the head. Then their skulls split and the prana escaped leaving the body. Alas, but Sai Baba had to die like other mortals, his being Bhagavan, notwithstanding.

Learning

12 Replies

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     02 June 2011

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech] Sir/madam! You are correct. We can see him as a good human being, who served the needy people, by providing drinking water and providing medical help to the people. Though he is not BHAGAVAN, his service can be appriciated.  

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 June 2011

Newspapers also narrated the various miracles performed by the Baba

---   miracles can not be done,

it is impossible, 

these are only mazic.

i personally feel that - he was cheated public.

he started from zero, ie ,  he came from a very poor family, how so much wealth accumulated to him?

in this way, a raja, konimojhi, all are saints and miracleist.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 June 2011

Alas, but Sai Baba had to die like other mortals, his being Bhagavan, notwithstanding.

---   this  is the ultimate truth.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 June 2011

Mr. Zeeshan is known only to a few members of LCI, his estranged wife and his former  in-laws. But almost the whole world knows Sai Baba. Once I was coming from Geneva to Mumbai. As it was an Air India flight, it first went to Delhi to pay their obeisance to their masters there. Many Air India flights were coming that way. As the number of passengers from Delhi to Mumbai was less, they bunched together passengers from many flights, into one or two from Delhi. Thus I had to change my flight. In the flight to Mumbai there were passengers from other flights. The way they were conversing with each other in a language not known to me, I could gather that they were a group. I just asked the lady sitting next to me, in English of course, whether they were tourists going to see Mumbai. She replied “No, no, no we are going to Bangalore for an audience with God”. I was taken aback to know that in my country God was there in flesh and blood, so to say. Then she elaborated that all of them were coming all the way from Rome to see Satya Sai Baba. Until the flight landed in Mumbai I had to listen to her lecture on Sai Baba, his miracles and how all of them were visiting him every year. Another European author has written a book exclusively on his various miracle performances.

Mr. Arup has put Raja and Kanimozhi also in the same group. Credit is given to the media for all the travails of the two. But the same media without any exception were in praise of the Baba. They even discredited intellectuals like Prof: Abraham Kovoor and Prof: Narasimhaia, who questioned Baba.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 June 2011

So someone has outsmarted me. But still I shall not lose hope. Mr. Zeeshan, is it possible to get more details?

Dipangkar (Business)     15 June 2011

Sir, I may be a little Harsh here, but whenever I see or read about such GODHEADS,

a saying of Dr. Abraham Kovoor comes to my mind....

"He who Does not allow his miracles to be investigated is a crook,

He who does not have the courage to investigate a miracle is a gullible, and

He who is prepared to behave without verification is a fool."

How Right is Dr. Abraham Kovoor. In his International bestseller "BEGONE GODMEN"  & "GOD DEMONS & EVIL SPIRITS" he gave his part of verification about those Miracle workers. Any street Magicians (EVEN ME) can perform all those Miracle feats performed by those GODHEADS.

No GODHEADS succeded ever in DUPLICATING a CURRENCY NOTE sealed up in an envolope, when challenged in a stage. For it's an object that DOESN'T comes out in Duplicate.

I also remember seeing Sai Baba stealing the Shiva Lingam from under his robe in one of his "Miracle" stunts. A Tv camera caught the act redhanded. It was displayed in lots of TV channels years back, but still "TRUE BELIEVERS" still belives it to be Sai's Miracle.

1 Like

(Guest)

Dr Ramani, thanks for sharing your views on satya Sai baba. some people really need to believe in miracles and that god is actually a flesh-and-blood person. I think they're incapable of abstract thinking and rational thinking. Recently a big cult in US announced the end of the world...well it hasn't ended yet. 

(Guest)

Arup I agree with most of your views...when a person starts to perform magic tricks and bizarre stunts, I lose all respect for that person.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 June 2011

Mr. Zeeshan:  The Trusties of the multicrore Satya Sai Trust, which I think includes Justice Bhagawati as a Trustee, believed that Sai Baba-II was Bhagawan and that his prophesies would come true.  Now you say Sai Baba-III has descended on Earth. Will now the Trustees entrust the Trust to Sai Baba III? I have no information that the Trusties of Sai Baba-I recognized Sai Baba-II. If the Trusties of Sai Baba II are honest, they should request Sai Baba III to take over the Empire.

I am unable to understand one thing. Here almost everyone believes that Sai Baba-II was more or less fake. On the other hand the media was all praise only for Sai Baba. There was not a single criticism.

(Guest)

haha....well said dipangkar!!

No GODHEADS succeded ever in DUPLICATING a CURRENCY NOTE sealed up in an envolope, when challenged in a stage. For it's an object that DOESN'T comes out in Duplicate.

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 June 2011

Today there is a report that in the sanctum sanctorum of late Satya Sai Baba, Rs.11.5 crore in cash and 98 Kg of gold were found. I thought that the Baba, though may have left back the useless body, would have taken with him the valuables. Or has he left them for Sai Baba – III? Was all that property declared during the life time of the Bhagawan? Did income tax department ever enquire into his wealth? Will income-tax department take cognizance of this now and take action? Which section in the Income Tax Act says that the Babas are above it?

There was a revenue officer by name Ramdas during the regime of Emperor Shah Jehan. He was in the same Andhra Pradesh as the late Sai Baba.  He was an ardent devotee of Lord Rama. His duty was to collect taxes from people and credit them into the treasury. But instead he used the collections to construct a temple for Lord Rama. When the misappropriation was found out he was prosecuted and jailed for 12 years. Lord Rama did not come to his rescue. What is the moral here? “There is no Lord Rama or God by any other name” or “Pay your taxes first. After that only use the taxed income for any temple building or charity” Will members tell me which one is correct?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register