Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s.pavani357@gmail.com (s.pavani357@gmail.com)     29 May 2011

Trademark registration

Hello everyone

during the trademark registration procedure after the examination and advertisement in the official gazette of patent office,I heard that registrar will grant the permission for registration and award of certificate.for this step do we have to file any application again requesting for the certificate and registration??

Learning

4 Replies

sharath (NA)     29 May 2011

Hi there,

Yes, u ar right. after an application has been made before the controller, the application will not be examined until an request has been made for the examination of application with 38 months(if iam not wrong!!) from the date of making an application. 

Snigdha (advocate)     31 May 2011

Hi Pavani

Once u file the application for trademark registration, with the required fees and everything, your headache is over. If everthing is fine, and no objection is raised before the certificate to be issued, than you will get the certificate without any more corrospondance to the trademark office. But, if any objection or opposition is raised, than you need to reply to them and there it becomes a lengthy procedure. If any query you can contact me advsnigdha272gmail.com.

Thanks

1 Like

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     01 June 2011

Hi pavani,

Whatever you have heard and written above is somewhat applicable to Patent and for Trademark. I am agree with the view express by Adv. Snigdha Mam. It'll take some more time to get certificate from IPR Office, if any objection or opposition is not raised. Publication provides you priority and enables other to search the Trademark and file objection or opposition if any.

So once your mark gets published in journal, you need not to worry about, unless any objection or opposition comes to the same.

Let me know if you need more clarification on the same.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

Attorney - JC Law Firm

E-mail - justacausa.lawfirm@gmail.com

Call me @ 09923552956

1 Like

s.pavani357@gmail.com (s.pavani357@gmail.com)     07 June 2011

Thanks for the clarification, may I also know how long will it take to get our application published  in the journal from the date of application?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register