LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     31 May 2011

She married 3 men, looted them to help boyfriend

Mumbai:  The Malwani police have arrested a 22-year-old girl who leveraged her good looks and charm to marry and divorce three men in the last six months, leaving them penniless in the process. Deepika Saha alias Mehek Shaikh alias Neha looted cash and jewellery from her husbands' houses and spent the money on her boyfriend, who is already married. Saha has a bachelor's degree in commerce and is a resident of Khadodi village at Malad (West).

Saha's latest marriage was with Shamim Sheikh, an auto driver who resides in the area. Sheikh and Saha decided to get married after a 10-day affair but Saha realised soon after that Sheikh did not have the means to support her lavish lifestyle. The couple fought constantly and decided to go in for a divorce on May 6, barely 15 days after their wedding.

Sheikh stormed out of the house after the last fight and Saha decided to take advantage of his absence. She went to a neighbour's house, said she had been kicked out of their house by her husband and needed a place to spend the night. "The neighbour, Mohamm-ed Jawed Siddique Memon, took pity on her and gave her the keys to the house of his sister, Shabina Ali, who had gone to her village with her family," said Inspector Ashok Ugle of the Malwani police station. 

Memon called up Shaikh after an hour to confront him for ill-treating Saha, but was told that they were divorced. He rushed to his sister's house to find the door open and Saha missing. He did not, however, suspect that Saha had stolen anything from the house. But, when Shabina returned on May 25, she found cash and jewellery worth Rs. 1.3 lakh missing from her locker. She filed a complaint against Saha with the Malwani police the next day.

Ugle said that on investigating Saha's background, they found that she had married two men, besides Sheikh, in the past six months and had looted them as well. Sheikh's interrogation revealed that Saha had a boyfriend named Misam Shaikh, who is also a resident of Malwani. "We found out that Saha used to marry men and then divorce them after looting their houses. She spent all the money on her boyfriend, who is already married" added Ugle.

When Misam was detained, he told the police that Saha and he had holidayed in Goa for a week with the money from the last robbery. They had even gone to Shirdi to shop for Misam. Seeking to lay a trap, the police asked Misam to call Saha and ask her to meet him. She was finally arrested on May 26.

Sources in the Malwani police said Saha attempted to escape from the police station during her questioning. She tried to climb down a pipe on the pretext of going to the bathroom and even telephoned Shabina to boast of her escape. "She was lucky that she did not fall down and die while making the escape attempt. What makes the thing even more mysterious is that she did not even try to leave the police station premises. We found her sitting in our temple," said a police officer on condition of anonymity. "We have recovered the jewellery from Saha, but she had spent the cash. She has been remanded to police custody till Monday," he added. 

Read more at:
 https://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/she-married-3-men-looted-them-to-help-boyfriend-109031?pfrom=home-Cities&cp

Learning

9 Replies

Ambika (NA)     31 May 2011

I remember having posted my comments last evening on an earlier thread which had the same news. Why this thread again with the same news? 

Sorry, I did not know it was posted already. I found it strange when I read that. So, posted. 

2 Like

Dear Suchitra ji,

I am posting the  previous thread where already some comments have been posted, including mine. I know you are not one of the persons who would post repeat news. Please ignore my comment on your posting.

Here is the previous thread: 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Woman-applies-USE-AND-THROW-PRINCIPAL-ON-MEN-37835.asp

On such news I alwyas remember Mr. Prabhakar's words: when a dog bites a man, it does not generate any news, but when a man bites a dog , it does! ! 

And from advocates I would like to have answer to my query posted in the previous thread: this to enhance my legal literacy....

1 Like

Chaman ji, there are instances where Courts permit divorce if the ground is so severe so as to make it difficult for the spouses live together. Say, communicabl / incurable desease.

In this case, I suppose it was a talaq as both of them were muslims. And more than anything else, these news items will not give an authentic facts of the cases. 

I posted this article as  the incident shows how society and the attitude of people towards institution of marriage is changing. And where is the rule that certain things are do be done by men? :) 

(Now please dont harp on my last statement. It is only on a lighter note. )

I am a person who thinks man and woman are always complimentary in nature. They cannot be equals ever. 

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     31 May 2011

"Why this thread again with the same news? "

---   where is the problem ?

let it be repeated.

"but when a man bites a dog , it does!"

---   here the person is woman, and she bites three dogs.

a news may be repeated, view of the diffrent persons available by this way.

(Guest)

I remember last year there was a similar news about a SERIAL BRIDE....she married 11 times and looted 10 hubbys. She owned a very luxurious house from the money she took from some of the hubbys on blackmailing them of filing cases.

The 11th hubby turned out to be a bad deal for her. He found out her past and she got trapped in her own WEB....

If anybody finds that news, pls put....i am searching that too....

@ Arup 

What was meant by man was human being. Since I was quoting Mr. Prabhakar's words from his old posting I wrote it  it as it is. Man he had used in generic sense for human beings as most of us still use it. I dot not call men dogs, nor women Devis. I do not approve of such actions by either men or women. But before we forget, let me also remind that there are umpteen instances where women are tempted into marriage and then sold to brohels. It does not happen only in films and fictions, it happens in reality too. That does not mean that I am justifiying a condemnable action that this woman has committed. 

@ Suchitra

Thanks Sunchitra ji for addressing to my questions. And no, I do not have time or inclination to harp on any post including this one:)

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 May 2011

Originally posted by :LiveAndLetLive
" IIf anybody finds that news, pls put....i am searching that too.... "

As asked the link is here

https://www.saveindianfamily.org/articles/news/318-shes-a-11-timer-professional-legal-terrorist-arrested.html

And in LCI family law forum women writers were clapping the other day about Human Rights violation in Punjab and Interpol Notices issued to NRI bridegrooms and for these writers they must read below link ki aisa bhi NRI brides karati hai .........  

https://www.nriinternet.com/NRIimmigration/UK/FraudCase/Jaswinderfraud/indexJaswinder.htm

Dear Suchitra ji

I noticed that I have replied to you for some comment you have made to a different person but it looked like you were addressing my query. But having a look at it again I realise you have addressed it to a different person though she/he did not participate in the query in this thread. 

My apologies for the same...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register