Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harsha (xyz)     29 May 2011

Consequences of not replying to a lawyers notice

Hello

My name is Harsha and i have a situation.Recently we started constructing our house in Bangalore near Uttarahali  and out of now where a guy comes a&claims that the part of the plot belongs to  him.His claim is  that the government or the society involved in  converting into layout  have not conduted the land survey properly,however he has no proof or documentation except the new survey sheet which he claims to have got it done from one of the government personnel.Pleae note that i have my poperty registered and have the respective document and also have ot a loan approved from LIC.

Now the issue is he has sent a notice claiming on the above and which need to be replied within 7 days time,i have communicted this to my lawyer and he has taken his own sweet  time to reply to the notice and it has exceeded more than 20 days time.

Now will this result in any consequences.Request your comments or suggstins  in this regards.

Thanks

Harsha

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

If reply to legal notice is not sent, it implies that you are accepting  the contents of the notice.

If reply is sent even though  belated, it will not affect you adversely.

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     29 May 2011

Dear Querist,

As per query, you may not reply to reply to the notice issued by an advocate on behalf of his client since it is not a statutory notice. However, it is always advisable to reply to the same. But, according to you, you have all documents of ownership in your possession and in favour, you may ignore the said notice or reply to the same which would depend on your decision. Whatever you choose to, there may not be legal impediment..

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate-on-Record

Supreme Court of India

New Delhi

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register