Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Josephine (Software Engineer)     28 May 2011

Ration Card application

Hi,

My name is included in my parents ration card. But i have been married since two years, My husband is from kerala and he came to chennai for studies and he continues to work since 7 years. But his name is still in kerala ration caard of his parents. He rufeses to change the address to chennai. But my parents are staying at different location and we are staying at different location without ration card.

as far as i have enquired, the ration is card is provided only when the 'Man of the family' comes and apply. Now we have a kid too. since the 'man of the family' refuses to get his ration card inspite of staying in chennai, myself and my kid are here like platform ticket.

why wont the ration card be provided if someone applies for it after recieving the letter from previous ration shop that they want to remove the name from their and moving to new area?

Because only guys should be the person to apply, being a girl me and my kid sitting without any address proof and because of that even passport verification cannot be done :(

Please advice/help. is there anyway i can apply as single mother and get the ration card???

Thanks,

Josephine

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     28 May 2011

now where are you staying ? chennai or not, family member any one apply ration card, and tamilnadu GOVT announced that takkal ration card, its only for address and members proof given by govt.

1 Like

Josephine (Software Engineer)     31 May 2011

Hi,

Im staying in chennai. My whole family is in chennai. My parents in different area. My hubby, kid and i in one area. since my hubby's name is in his parent's ration card which is in kerala, so im not able to get my own family card. he doesnt want to remove his name from his kerala ration card and apply in chennai.

can you please clarify this. can i apply ration card just me and my kid without my husband's aid? or the ration card will be given only if my husband's name is also included?

Prakash (Project Manager)     19 November 2012

HI,

I am Prakash, born and put up in Chennai. I married a girl who is from Nellore. I want to apply for a new ration card (currently I hold a ration card, in which my mother is the head of the family). I removed my name form the existing card and got a deletion certificate. My wife does not have a ration card to remove her name from.

Please guide me with the course of action, on what kind of document should I provide to apply a new ration card in Chennai given the situation.

Regards,

Prakash

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register