Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Query on Councellor

Hello Learned members,

I want to take help for councellors appointed by family court for matrimonial disputes. Mediation of elders from both sides have failed and now girls side is not at all interested in mediation. Wife deserted for more than a year.

Is there any way we compel them to come for councelling ? Also i would like to know if report of this councelling has some weightage if something goes wrong in future and husband gets into litigation from wife side (498a , DV etc ).

I believe this would help to clear out the feelings and would help to decide future course of action.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 May 2011

@ Author

1. To seek help from family Court counselors there must be a activity (means some case) before a Family Court. I see element of a pending suit missing from your post, hence the counselors service cannot be referred to by Family Court.

2. For your next que. on weighting; I say counseling / mediation proceedings are neutral proceedings and no weighting is give in main proceedings whichever are pending and or fresh filed before either a criminal court or civil court and or even family court.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks Tajobsindia ji.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register