LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     16 May 2011

How relevant is Panchayat decision in Court

Hi, I am currently fighting for RCR in district family court for more than 16 months and my wife is not ready to come back. She is staying with her parents from last 3 years. Now my father n my uncles have decieded to have a Panchayat at my wife place for some concrete decision from their side. My question here is,

1. Is the the decision taken in Panchayat acceptable in court.

2. If, my wife deny to participate in Panchayat meeting or she deny to join my company, can I use this point in court during divorce strengthening my point on dessertation.

Learning

9 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     16 May 2011

not valid , try mediation through court instead.

1 Like

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     17 May 2011

Already done that thrice but she denied to join back in mediation but in RCR reply she says that she is ready to join me provided I give her adequate love and respect.. I dont know how do I provide her the proof that I love her more than anything else in my life...

But wont court consider it as one of my efforts to bring her back.?

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     17 May 2011

GET MEETING VIDEO RECORDED IN FULL.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 May 2011

1. Is the the decision taken in Panchayat acceptable in court   ---   no. but if you both agreed on a perticular point, other than divorce, court will not take objection.do not take divorce approved by panchayet - it has no legal value.

2. If, my wife deny to participate in Panchayat meeting or she deny to join my company, can I use this point in court during divorce strengthening my point on dessertation.   ---   you may use it but not much legal value is there.

I dont know how do I provide her the proof that I love her more than anything else in my life...   KISS HER OPENLY, IN FRONT OF ALL, HOLD HER STRONGLY. KEEP THE CAR READY, BRING HER  IN YOUR HOME.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 May 2011

DO NOT HESITATE.

HER DECLARATION: - "but in RCR reply she says that she is ready to join me provided I give her adequate love and respect."

YOUR DECLARATION :- . I dont know how do I provide her the proof that I love her more than anything else in my life...

NOW, duniya jai bhar me tu aayesh to kar.

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 May 2011

Panchayat decisions are not binding on anybody. No one can be compelled to attend a Panchayat meeting. Their decisions are only advisory in nature at the best.

As regards RCR, have you filed a petition in a court? I think you only wrote to her direct and she replied. Again did she reply in writing or only told you?

If you want her to elaborate, you will have to file an RCR petition in a court of law. If she replies and is summoned to the court, your lawyer can ask her what she meant by “adequate love and respect”. Well in court she may give some other reason. In any case RCR is not enforceable. At best it can only be a prelude to a divorce petition

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 May 2011

according to panchyet act, panchyet has some power.

but no power to govern the matrimonial matters.

1 Like

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     18 May 2011

Sir, I have already filed RCR and in her reply she has mentioned to come back but during our mediation she denied stating that whatever she want to say is already mentioned in her reply and she do not wish to speak much.

How is Dessertation proved in court ?? will not panchay proceding help me in it if she denies to come back there.  ?

Jamai Of Law (propra)     19 May 2011

Decision taken in Panchayat has absolutely no direct standing/value.

But as per FC Act 1984, anything is admissible as evidence.

So it may hold some value as to 'witness to her character' by elders in her town! at the max

(Do you think they in her town would go in your favour?).............. But again it would be long drawn process.

On your RCR, Do read my PM.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register