LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     27 April 2011

'Fast unto death' against Anti-men Laws

For a very long time Men's Rights Activists are trying to convince the law makers that Anti-men laws be repealed abd laws be made gender neutral. It appears that all those logical arguments are falling on deaf ears. Time has come to raise the issues on streets. When some activist raised the issue before judicial forum, exemplary fine was imposed on him. Now he has decided to sit on fast unto death at Jantar Mantar starting from 15th of May, 2011.

Indian Express reports;

Dashrath Devda — who has been ‘fighting’ for the legal protection to husbands against the misuse of laws which he claims are ‘heavily loaded’ in favour of wives, has taken a leaf out of Anna Hazare’s movement.

Devda plans to observe a fast unto death at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi from May 15 till the government agrees to his demands and relaxes certain legal provisions. Devda runs the organisation, Akhil Bhartiya Patni Atyachar Virodhi Sangh (All Indian Federation of Atrocities).

He said: “Husbands and their relatives are facing discriminatory treatment at the hands of law and law enforcing authorities, and in many cases women are misusing this situation to harass them. We have therefore decided to take inspiration from Anna Hazare and sit on a fast unto death from May 15 at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi along with 25 harassed husbands and seven women till our demands are not accepted by the government.”

He added: “Anna Hazare sat on a fast along with a few persons against corruption and gradually got support from the entire country because everyone is suffering from corruption. Similarly, a huge chunk of the population in India is suffering from the misuse of law by women against men. I am sure that people across India will come and support me in the cause. The atrocities against husbands are also widespread and very few are coming out to protest in the open. But, as in the case of Anna Hazare’s fast, here also people will come forward to support us.”

Devda has been running his organisation for some years now. Recently, he had filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) before Gujarat High Court (HC) demanding legal protection to husbands from laws biased in favour of wives.

The HC had, however, dismissed the PIL, calling it frivolous, and had imposed a cost of1 lakh on Devda. Later, he moved a review petition at the HC and the fine was reduced to5,000 to be given to Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), which is known for its women welfare efforts.

https://www.indianexpress.com/news/fined-by-hc-men-rights-activist-finds-anna-way/775529/1

By not listening to the genuine arguments of the Men's Rights Activists, the state is forcing activists to extreme, which may result in Gender War. I just wish sanity prevails on state before it is too late.

Learning

138 Replies

(Guest)

I come frequently come across more and more cases of men being jailed for maintenance, men committing suicide due to harassment etc moreso from the state he belongs to every now and then. Yes, something needs to be done not just by him but all those who are affected by this harassment.

2 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 April 2011

When the function of law ends, Legislation begin and when the function of Legislation ends function of Court begin and when the function of court ends its natural for the people to play their functions in a democratic State.

1 Like

(Guest)

I was reading an article about a case from Pune where a family of four people had committed suicide and it has been alleged that it was due to the harassment of the Daughter - in -law. Now, my question is, when more and more such cases of suicide are coming up, are they waiting for 50 % of the population falling prey to this harassment (the other 50 % having implicated them in false case) to take action ? Or just that lives of some citizens are less important compared to others and so it is easy to ignore such deaths ?

Does this section of the society not need a law like 498 A to prevent themselves from the atrocities of dauher - in - law ?

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 April 2011

THANKS TO MR RAJESH.

BEFORE FASTING, LOT OF HOME WORK TO DO.

AGRIVED PARTIES ARE ALL OVER INDIA.

BUT THEY ARE NOT UNDER A BANNER OR FLAG.

Yes Arup, Men's Rights Movement do need a unified platform. Save India Family Foundation is doing an excellent work in providing support to victims of anti-men laws.

On rganisational side, the movement is largely spontaneous. Therefore we need constant communication of ideas relating to abuse of men in present socio-legal set up. I am very happy to find such efforts by various Men's Rights Activists at various places. Parasitic Women's organisations, who thrives on donations, state funding etc. are likely to oppose the activities of Men's Rights Activists.... but there oppositions always leads to more and more spreading of ideas. This fast has been planned by Ahmedabad Group, and it will also be effective in spreading the message.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Arup
"
THANKS TO MR RAJESH.

BEFORE FASTING, LOT OF HOME WORK TO DO.

AGRIVED PARTIES ARE ALL OVER INDIA.

BUT THEY ARE NOT UNDER A BANNER OR FLAG.
"

Arupji,

They are also under one flag. Fortunately this community is not divided by age, gender, caste, religion etc as 498 A and DV A have treated them equally brutally. Visible effects will be slow but ground level work is already on.

I wish more and more victim women join this fight against harassment in the name of pro-women laws. This is important to prove how in the name of women empowerment, thousands of people are being made to face extortion.

2 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 April 2011

@ Writers

I support Mr. Dashrath and will meet him with SIF Delhi group members to lend our further support.
Remember only a crying baby gets milk !

5 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Tajobsindia
"
@ Writers

I support Mr. Dashrath and will meet him with SIF Delhi group members to lend our further support.
Remember only a crying baby gets milk !
"

BEst Wishes to him and to the Delhi Team. I wish more and more number of people join you there ...

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 April 2011

full agree with mr. Rajesh kumar's concept!

mr.Dr. V.N.Tripathi je Advocate(top mambe of LCI) is also working on the same view!

i hv received some papers if mr. tripathi will allow then i will post the same in this thread.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Rajesh Kumar
"
Yes Arup, Men's Rights Movement do need a unified platform. Save India Family Foundation is doing an excellent work in providing support to victims of anti-men laws.

On rganisational side, the movement is largely spontaneous. Therefore we need constant communication of ideas relating to abuse of men in present socio-legal set up. I am very happy to find such efforts by various Men's Rights Activists at various places. Parasitic Women's organisations, who thrives on donations, state funding etc. are likely to oppose the activities of Men's Rights Activists.... but there oppositions always leads to more and more spreading of ideas. This fast has been planned by Ahmedabad Group, and it will also be effective in spreading the message.
"

With due regards, I need to correct you here: These laws are not just "anti-men", more number of women are trapped into these. Extortion does not see GENDER, afterall husband's female relatives are tortured to blackmail and gain money from the husband!

Though I am a lady, I am an "active activist" of one of these movements and believe in fighting by learning laws!

The land of Gandhi is still waiting for another big freedom struggle...so do I!

4 Like

(Guest)
" For a very long time Men's Rights Activists are trying to convince the law makers that Anti-men laws be repealed abd laws be made gender neutral. It appears that all those logical arguments are falling on deaf ears. Time has come to raise the issues on streets. When some activist raised the issue before judicial forum, exemplary fine was imposed on him. Now he has decided to sit on fast unto death at Jantar Mantar starting from 15th of May, 2011.
Indian Express reports;

Dashrath Devda — who has been ‘fighting’ for the legal protection to husbands against the misuse of laws which he claims are ‘heavily loaded’ in favour of wives, has taken a leaf out of Anna Hazare’s movement.
Devda plans to observe a fast unto death at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi from May 15 till the government agrees to his demands and relaxes certain legal provisions. Devda runs the organisation, Akhil Bhartiya Patni Atyachar Virodhi Sangh (All Indian Federation of Atrocities).
He said: “Husbands and their relatives are facing discriminatory treatment at the hands of law and law enforcing authorities, and in many cases women are misusing this situation to harass them. We have therefore decided to take inspiration from Anna Hazare and sit on a fast unto death from May 15 at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi along with 25 harassed husbands and seven women till our demands are not accepted by the government.”
He added: “Anna Hazare sat on a fast along with a few persons against corruption and gradually got support from the entire country because everyone is suffering from corruption. Similarly, a huge chunk of the population in India is suffering from the misuse of law by women against men. I am sure that people across India will come and support me in the cause. The atrocities against husbands are also widespread and very few are coming out to protest in the open. But, as in the case of Anna Hazare’s fast, here also people will come forward to support us.”

Devda has been running his organisation for some years now. Recently, he had filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) before Gujarat High Court (HC) demanding legal protection to husbands from laws biased in favour of wives.
The HC had, however, dismissed the PIL, calling it frivolous, and had imposed a cost of1 lakh on Devda. Later, he moved a review petition at the HC and the fine was reduced to5,000 to be given to Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), which is known for its women welfare efforts.
https://www.indianexpress.com/news/fined-by-hc-men-rights-activist-finds-anna-way/775529/1
By not listening to the genuine arguments of the Men's Rights Activists, the state is forcing activists to extreme, which may result in Gender War. I just wish sanity prevails on state before it is too late.
"

You are absolutely right Rajesh, victims are being provoked beyond their tolerance. Par lambi raat ke baad hi savera hota hai..

Victims of Guj are facing more or less a dictatorship I must say!

2 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Sarvesh K Sharma .0-9837271758
"
full agree with mr. Rajesh kumar's concept!

mr.Dr. V.N.Tripathi je Advocate(top mambe of LCI) is also working on the same view!

i hv received some papers if mr. tripathi will allow then i will post the same in this thread.
"

Go ahead Sir,

Things will change only when lawyers become our pillars of strength!

1 Like

@LiveAndLetLive

I fully agree with your view that these laws are not merely anti-men, they are anti-society. There are numerous women victims of these laws. In fact a study suggested that lesser number of women were arrested in 50 years of freedom struggle than number of women arrest through abuse of these laws.

However the state suported feminist terrorists wants a gender war through these laws. They want a Man vs. Woman debate. Keeping these sisnister designs in mind, they made provisions in Domestic Violence Act that only a woman can be a complainant and only a man can be a respondent. Similar provision has been proposed in Sexual Harassment at Workplace Bill where only a woman can be complainant and man respondent. Sexual assualt amendemnt is proposing the same thinng..... only a woman can be a complainant and man respondent. These efforts of state, under pressure from feminsits terrorists is to ensure a gender devide and ultimate gender war. I just hope that more and more women will understand this design and respond appropriately.

2 Like

(Guest)
"
@LiveAndLetLive

I fully agree with your view that these laws are not merely anti-men, they are anti-society. There are numerous women victims of these laws. In fact a study suggested that lesser number of women were arrested in 50 years of freedom struggle than number of women arrest through abuse of these laws.

However the state suported feminist terrorists wants a gender war through these laws. They want a Man vs. Woman debate. Keeping these sisnister designs in mind, they made provisions in Domestic Violence Act that only a woman can be a complainant and only a man can be a respondent. Similar provision has been proposed in Sexual Harassment at Workplace Bill where only a woman can be complainant and man respondent. Sexual assualt amendemnt is proposing the same thinng..... only a woman can be a complainant and man respondent. These efforts of state, under pressure from feminsits terrorists is to ensure a gender devide and ultimate gender war. I just hope that more and more women will understand this design and respond appropriately.
"

Rightly said Sir,

But they wont understand this till they are on the gaining side!...Strangest part of the whole story is "Even a false claim of demand is cruelty; but when a wife demands openly, she gets all the support from the system!!"

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register