LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geeta (chief accountant)     13 May 2011

Heaven and Hell . . .

Once there was a Shogun very influential in ancient Japan. His might was unquestionable and his Katana (sword) ruthless. But there were many other shinier qualities in him. One such quality was his craving for spirituality!

For that purpose he used to visit a Zen Master once a week and sought his blessings as well as advice. This time he went to that master with a strange query!
He bowed with utmost respect and asked the master, "O Wise One! I've heard a lot about heaven and hell. Is it really true that they exist at all?"

The Zen Master looked at that Shogun for a moment and then said, "A person so cruel, so ugly, so selfish, so egoistic, so lustful, so snobby and so worthless like you does not need to bother me for such a question!"

That Shogun remained stoned for a second. It was unbelievable for him to take such an insult in his whole lifetime! He unsheathed his Katana lightening fast and held it high to give a strike to that master's neck. 

Without any kind of fear or concern, the master said, "Now you are in Hell..." All of a sudden the Shogun realized his mistake and fell upon the Zen Master's feet. Again without any concern, the master said, "Now you are in Heaven. My son, we create our own heavens and hells for us to dwell in! Remember, each new day dawns with the question that whether we want to live that day as if in a heaven or as if in a hell. The choice is ours..."

Learning

1 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     14 May 2011

yes true ......................

face the reality!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register