LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ambadas-Unde (Service)     10 May 2011

Caveat

The opposite party is planning to go to High Court for stay  on one decision of Asst Charity Commissioner.  Before we find a good lawer we want to file caveat fast.

Can a caveat  be filed in High Court by us without help of an Advocate ?  If Yes, Can sombody furnish a  format ?

Learning

5 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     10 May 2011

its better to file it through a lawyer, atleast you will remain informed and in the mean time you can arrange a lawyer for final arguments.

otherwise its better to observe the case rather than filing caveat.....the high court may dismiss the matter in liminie and if caveat is there then there are strong chances of stay.

keep vigil on the listing and appear in the court on the day the matter is listed for preliminary hearing (if necessary)

1 Like

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     10 May 2011

You cannot  file a caveat  in the high court without  the help of a nadvocate of High Court. To know the  Filing procedure is diffficult for an ordinary man. Get the help of a advocate  and file caveat. 

1 Like

s.s.m.rajan (student)     11 May 2011

brother please refer book " drafting, pleading & conveyancing". this is very much helpful to you know about to file caveat.

Ambadas-Unde (Service)     11 May 2011

Mr. Kiran Kumar, Mr. Haridasan,

Thanks for your expert advice.    The last suggestion by Mr. Kiran Kumar looks great.  But how do I get to know the date when the matter will be listed for hearing ?   I reside in Pune.    Can I search thru net ? Would appreciate how to search.  

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 May 2011

you keep on visiting the official website of HC, the cause list of next day is published on website.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register