Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemant (ddd)     30 April 2011

My case was in year 2003.I use to run a computer business,where i use to sell and rent the computers.

I rented around 13 machines from 7 different vendors and rented them to one person.without telling me he sold all the computers.Now I had to pay all the rents for the computers and then f.i.r. was lodged against me and i was arrested under 406 and 420. got bail.case is still pending, not a single hearing has been done. Total price of all the computers must be around 1.5 or 2 lac rupees at that time. Now it must be lesser.

Can someone enlight me what can be done in this case as I want this case to be closed at any cost?

Thanks in anticipation.

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 April 2011

Make a compromise with the person who has filed a complaint against you

1 Like

Santanu Chandra (Consultant)     30 April 2011

You did not mention anything about the documents if you have made at the time of delivered the computers to that person, secondly If you really made any agreement at the time with the other persons from whom you have taken the computers on rent, unless these facts are not clear it is difficult to give you any advise.

1 Like

hemant (ddd)     01 May 2011

Hi,

thanks a lot for your quick response.

I had signed documents stating that I am taking these computers on rent form them from all these vendors while taking the computers.

The problem is that there are 7 different vendors, so compromising is little bit difficult  though I am ready for that.

And all of them have got their computers back (recovered) at that time only.

Can you suggest some good lawyer in Borivli (Mumbai)court , who can solve these case and arrange compromise as well?

Thanks in anticipation.

Santanu Chandra (Consultant)     04 May 2011

I think whereas there is a matter of agreement so this is a case of civil nature(probably) and moreover there should be some clause in the said agreement about the situation in case if you fail to return the computer that you have taken from him inconsideration of rent for say Rs..../- , and that is the only one you can take the best option.

With all the best.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register