LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Chander (PG)     27 April 2011

Problem with Tenant

my brother has rented his house in bangalore. The agreement was for 2 yr and expired a year ago, and the tenant is still refusing to vacate and also pay his rent. His rent due has even crossed the advance amt.

Since we require the house for personal issue, he still refuses and asks for some more time, again & again.

but some suggested if he still doesn't vacate. 

Cut the electricity n water supply to the house or fill a FIR for treepassing of property since the agreement has expired n continuing to stay without paying rent.

or if i go legally how can i claim the property damage and arreared amount. and how long will the cases extend

Learning

7 Replies

sunny (hardware)     28 April 2011

[ Scorecard : 24]

Hi,

I have let out my shop for rent  in chennai,for very less rent  Rs2,200/.The tenat is paying regularly.As the corporation tax and water sweage tax increased 3 times,Hence requested for Rent  Rs 5,500, told verbally that I am increasing the rent ,If your happy with new rent fine else as per the aggrement you can vacate the permisses.we have not collected the rent for 3months.

He has sent a notice stating owners are requesting for exrbriant amount and sent a M.O the rent.

As soon he has the notice we have sent a notice for vacting the permisses,  1st may as per 3month notice in agrement.He has not responding nor informing us anything.

Kindly let me know how to go about further.

Thank you

Darshan Sharma (Lawyer-cum-detective)     28 April 2011

File a complaint with police to register a FIR against thr tenant for his misbehaviour with landlord, an assault on landlord or his family member if so, carrying on some illegal activity in the rented accomodation, if any and non-payment of rent, electricity bill and water bill and alterations made by him in the rented portion if any. This can be followed by legal suit.

]Do not interfere with electricity supply etc.

1 Like

sunny (hardware)     21 June 2011

Hi,

I have let out my shop for rent  in chennai,for very less rent  Rs2,200/.The tenat is paying regularly.As the corporation tax and water sweage tax increased 3 times,Hence requested for Rent  Rs 5,500, told verbally that I am increasing the rent ,If your happy with new rent fine else as per the aggrement you can vacate the permisses.we have not collected the rent for 3months.

He has sent a notice stating owners are requesting for exrbriant amount and sent a M.O the rent.

As soon he has the notice we have sent a notice for vacting the permisses,  1st may as per 3month notice in agrement.He has not responding nor informing us anything.

Kindly let me know how to go about further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the per the above notice states1st may is the last date for vacating the permisses,Still the TENAT is not vacating the permisses and sendin rent through MONEY order.Please can any one help me in solving the issue.

When ever try to reach him he just say I need time and keep postponing things.

Thank you

sunny (hardware)     21 June 2011

Hi Lawyers,

As I told above the tenant not vacting my shop

I want to know the TIME FRAME for the following information

1.Can I File the case in FAST TRACK for the TENT to vacate my Permisses ?

2. How long will it TAKE to get the permissies back ?

3. Can File case in LOKADALT for vacating the Permisses ?

With Regards

Sunny

sunny (hardware)     18 March 2012

Hi,

1.Can i file a kevit so that opponent cannot file a case.

2.Can i File in lokadalat,please let me know the location in chennai

sunny (hardware)     28 September 2012

Hi,

I got sumons from the court, after 3 month got the sumons, the tenant called and said  will deposit the amount in the court if you dont accept to the terms and condition what the tenant has said

1. Sell the property

2.pay 1lack the will think about vacting the permisses

3.Rent it for 3 years then will think after that .

tradesinc (owner)     10 November 2017

If you have trouble makers as tenants are in real trouble your life is ruined as there is 0 ptoyrcyion for the landlord in India judiciary people are struggling for 30 years with 0 results and 0 progress the tenant is fully protected by law and can can enjoy the property without paying any rent its his right Indian law . I learn t this the hard way after many years in courts the orders can be set aside in just 1 sheet of paper please never give more than 3-6 months lease agreement..

u will end up spending more than the rent and spend weeks months years decades  in courts

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B--Jc2ljka1oM3lYTFNqNmo4Smc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B--Jc2ljka1oMzM5M0hRcElZTzQ

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register