LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anony K (Consultant)     27 April 2011

Unfair salary

I have been working as an IT consultant with the company for 3 years.

Joined the company on a contract basis for 1.5 years, along with 20 other people (who joined on payroll)

My annual salary at the time was 3 lakhs, their's was 1.5 lakhs.

After 1.5 years, my contract expired and I was hired on the payroll with a lower annual salary of 2.75 lakhs.

Now, after 3 years, the revised salary offered to me is 3.8 lakhs. (3 to 3.8 over 3 years)

My colleagues who joined with me are earning 5.25 lakhs. (1.5 to 5.25 over 3 years)

My performance has been officially reviewed as "brilliant", and I have been given multiple awards by the organization for my achievements. I am the only "certified" consultant from my group. I also have the most prestigious education degree. My market value outside the company is around 6.8 lakhs per annum.

My senior most management has told me that the maximum they can offer me is a 40% increase as per the HR policies. Despite having given the other colleagues a 100% increases, this is what they have told me. When I mention that exceptions have been made for others, they say that is just a rumor. When I offer proof via their payslips, they threaten to penalize me or them for leaking confidential information.

What can someone in my position do? Is legal action an option at all?

Learning

2 Replies

Bhagavat Upadhyaya (Manager)     27 April 2011

Dear Friend,

This is not the matter of comaprision.  There are certain decisions which can be called as managerial.

It is not going to end with the arguements, it can only be resolved with the representaions.

There is no legal provision which has been overlooked by the management, against which you can fight out.

You have to sort out the matter amicably.

If u r still not satisfied, take it for granted that the atmosphere in that industry in not conducive for u.

In the meantime, u can introspect your self from the behaviour point of view to correct the situation.

Regards,

Bhagavat Upadhyaya

1 Like

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     28 April 2011

To place a person in a particular pay scale is the prerogative of the employer, you can not challenged his powers in this regard. However, in case, you are aggrieved in any way, you can protest for the same but it for the management to decide as to whether your grievance is valid or not. Even you have every right to leave the organization, if you consider that your are under estimated.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register