Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinav (personal)     24 April 2011

Separation from parents - LEGALLY

Hello,

would you plz help me?

I am 22, guy with parents and i want to get separate from my parents LEGALLY. Dont want to use any property or  anythng from them.

Also i want to change my name.

what would be the procedure and how should i proceed?

Thanks.

Learning

11 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 April 2011

"...  i want to get separate from my parents LEGALLY

...  i want to change my name"

---  AS YOU ARE A MAJOR AND DO NOT REQUIRE PARENTS PROPERTY, THEN YOU MAY LEFT HOME AT ANY TIME.

BEFORE LEAVING HOME ENSURE ABOUT YOUR JOB.

---   BY AFFIDEVIT  YOU CAN DO SO.

---   AN UNWANTED ADVICE - PARENTS SOMETIMES REBUKE THEIR SONS, BUT THE INTENTION IS TO DO GOOD FOR  HIM.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 April 2011

You are major, you can take your own decesion.  To seperate from your parents it doen't need legal help.  You can seperate from your parents, but don't forget it is your bounded duty to take care of your parents in their old age.  Recall your memory what your parents have done to you and think of seperation.

1 Like

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     24 April 2011

Good advice by Mr. Rajeev, Advocate.

Avinav (personal)     25 April 2011

@ Arup : Thanks Arup

Still i have some concerns, to walkout is teh solution! no need to do any legal things? ..nice.... i hav ehearded parents ignor etheir son by declaring from now onward thsi person is no more our son and not into our anythng.

- What if they ( parents, brother, sister - I am youngest) demands on me or so? i  dont even want them to touch my dead body.

- "BY AFFIDEVIT  YOU CAN DO SO." - how can i do this? any online form for this? or?
 one afidevit is to change my name on  certificate, pancard, passport n so on?

- Yes, you should give unwanted advice, but my situation is different.

--------------------------------

@ adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) : Thanks for your say...

- Yes, after thinking all these years what they have done and whats going on, i want to do all this.
 "bounded duty"! they didnt fulill their... i am nt able to do mine....

--------------------------------

Thanks.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 April 2011

i hav ehearded parents ignor etheir son by declaring from now onward thsi person is no more our son and not into our anythng.

---   YES THERE IS A SYSTEM TO  DECLARE A SON - TAJYA  PUTRA (IN BENGALI, I DO NOT KNOW ENGLISH OF IT)

What if they ( parents, brother, sister - I am youngest) demands on me or so? i  dont even want them to touch my dead body.

---   PLEASE COOL DOWN. SOMETIMES  SUCH THINGS HAPPENED AND AS THE TIME PASSES, IT BECOMES OK.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 April 2011

BY AFFIDEVIT  YOU CAN DO SO." - how can i do this? any online form for this? or?

---   you may change our name by affidevit given at court. it is a simple legal process. you have to catch an advocate. rest will be done b him.

---   what are you doing presently? job or business?

Avinav (personal)     25 April 2011

@Arup: Yes, job.

No things wont get better, i learned from these years if you want to be better get out of this home/ from them.

I need to hav elocal advocate or any other can do?

"---   YES THERE IS A SYSTEM TO  DECLARE A SON - TAJYA  PUTRA (IN BENGALI, I DO NOT KNOW ENGLISH OF IT)"

I think you are hiding something??!! like above there must be any delcaration from child's side to his parents.

i did not get anything from you, for below-

What if they ( parents, brother, sister - I am youngest) demands on me or so? i  dont even want them to touch my dead body.!  please say...

Tribikram Acharya (Asst. managar)     09 December 2012

Hi, I am agreed with Avinav.

@Arup, Please reply  to Avinav's answer ""---   YES THERE IS A SYSTEM TO  DECLARE A SON - TAJYA  PUTRA (IN BENGALI, I DO NOT KNOW ENGLISH OF IT)"

I think you are hiding something??!! like above there must be any delcaration from child's side to his parents."

Please reply....

Kumar Vanshaj   17 April 2016

How do I legally separate myself from my parents. I have no need for money and property from them. I have left everything that I earned in past 10 years to them and do not want to claim anything. Please share the legal procedure.

Sudarsan Sahu   27 December 2022

Sir, I am 72 and my wife is 68 years. My son and son in law are staying in my house wherein they have never been participated either in physically, mentally so also financially. They both have cooking for them and my wife is cooking for us. They both have neither talking with us nor sympathy. Their behaviour are so rude, sometimes I myself decided to suicide. I want some legal advice can I debarred from my own property which are acquired from my own sources. Further can he be out from my house and the legal procedure thereon. With regards. Sudarsan Sahu

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 January 2023

When property is self acquired you can will it to anyone.

for other reliefs contact the police for details of Sr Citizen Forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register