LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Analyst)     23 April 2011

Agreement

Initially I have paid entire fees to an agent without any agrrement. Now because of some problems I want to stop the process with this agent.

But agent has done work on only 1 part out of 3. And agent is telling that as per their rules/regulations they will deduct 2/3 rd of the thier fees. But initially as per the verbal communication only 1/3rd should have been deducted.  I dont have any written agreement/evidence regarding this.

Please let me know how do I proceed with this.

Learning

10 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 April 2011

In absence of written agreement you can not do any thing.   Convince him.

1 Like

AAK (Advocate)     23 April 2011

what kind of agreement was that? what agency you are talking about? elobrate the facts..

1 Like

akash kapoor (*************)     23 April 2011

see agreement when verbal is enforceable. But it is on you to prove that. So if you can gather evidence you can enforce it. If you cannot then convice him.

1 Like

Rajesh (Analyst)     23 April 2011

Thank you everyone for quick reply. The agency deals with visa/job consulation. Their service was very poor and I am finding it very difficult to deal with them. As usually once entire money is paid, the customer has to listen to whatever the service provider says.

I can gather evidences from other people who had got the agreement done and who are also in the same situation but are having some hopes that the work will be done. Usually this agreement will be same for all. So need to convinence them based on that.

Anamika Dubey (Service)     25 April 2011

I need format of MoU for private equity.  I searched but failed. Please provide the format

Rajesh (Analyst)     05 May 2011

After all the discussions they agent didn't agree for any negotiation. Instead the agent is telling that they have almost completed the entire process so they will be charging for that by deducting 75% of the amount instead of 66%(2/3rd). I have paid them one lakh fees. As per my knowledge they should not charge more than 10 K for all the effort they have put till now. And considering their policies it should be max 33 K. But they are demanding for 75 K. As my first stage report is with them which they will not give till I aggree with them.

Some of my friends are in the same situation. Let me know if its better to go for legally.

shraddha Shukla (Practicing Company secretary " Corporate Law Consultant")     09 May 2011

hi check out this link

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/shareschemes/bvca_and_fb2003_carried_interest.pdf

shraddha Shukla (Practicing Company secretary " Corporate Law Consultant")     09 May 2011

Originally posted by :Anamika Dubey
"
I need format of MoU for private equity.  I searched but failed. Please provide the format
"

hi check out this link

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/shareschemes/bvca_and_fb2003_carried_interest.pdf

akshay (manager)     30 May 2011

DEAR SIR

I WANT KNOW THE TWO THINGS :

1.  LEGAL VALIDITY OF A AGREEMENT, IF AGREEMENT HAS SIGNED BY FIRST PARTY ON 07.11.2007 AFTER THE ELEVEN DAYS FROM EXECUTION DATE OF AGREEMENT WHILE SECOND PARTY SIGN ON EXECUTION DATE WHICH IS 27.10.2007

2. IF A AGREEMENT HAS  A CLAUSE WHICH IS DESCRIBE BELOW :

"THE SECOND PARTY WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT 50000/- RUPEES WITH FIRST PARTY AS INTEREST FREE REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT ON THE DATE OF SIGNING OF THIS AGREEMENT."

BUT THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS SEND BY A DEMAND DRAFT DATED 29.10.2007. BY SECOND PART.

PLEASE GIVE ME REPLY THAT IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCES THE AGREEMENT IS VALID LEGALLY.

AAK (Advocate)     30 May 2011

yes its valid

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register