SMT.SUMAN KHANNA ……Appellant
Through: Mr. R.P. Shukla with Mr.
Ganjanan Kumar, Advocates.
Vs.
SHRI MUNEESH KHANNA ……Respondent
Through: Mr. K.R. Chawla, Advocate.
CORAM:
HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE KAILASH GAMBHIR

22. It is often found that the malaise of the interference of parents in the married life of their daughters has become a major cause playing havoc with the matrimonial lives of young couples. All the parents guide, teach and discipline their daughters and are concerned about her welfare after marriage but it is imperative for the parents to draw a line as the prime concern should be that their daughter is happily settled in a new atmosphere at the husband’s place but not with day–to-day monitoring of the affairs taking place at the matrimonial home of the daughter. Parents should not become uninvited judges of the problems of their daughter, becoming an obstacle in the daughter’s married life, to plant thoughts in her mind and gain control over her and promoting disharmony in her family life. They are expected to advise, support and believe in their upbringing maintaining a discreet silence about the affairs of the matrimonial relationship. The present case is an unfortunate example where the parents of the appellant, instead of putting out the fire have fuelled and fanned it, resulting in the disruption of the sacred bond of marriage.

Learning

43 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 April 2011

thanks.

agreed

not all but a few daughters traped by their parents. they do not understand the politics of their parents. 

Pls Help Me (Engineer)     20 April 2011

This has already happened to me. Nowadays mother are interfering in every matters of daughter at her new house. This create a problem for the girl to get adjsuted to a new environment because every time their mother fuel some king of things.

" Nowadays mother are interfering in every matters of daughter at her new house. This create a problem for the girl to get adjsuted to a new environment because every time their mother fuel some kind of things."

----   very correct.

only wife can save you from such unwanted interference.

covience her.

Krishna Kumar (Business)     20 April 2011

This happened in my life too. They came to my home just for a visit for a week, as we had some issue with husband and wife; they started making it as big issue. Taken her daughter to their home and brine washed her to not join.

Now I am separated for more than a year, I have no hope she will join. I would say, it is happening just because of the biased law. The wife parents are more dominant on husband and family incase if any simple issue arises. They are threatening with dowry law (it became normal for everyone) and DV act. The relationship started spoiled. After some days there is no hope husband and wife can live together. 

This family law in India teach wife and her parents how to destroy the Indian family system legally.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 April 2011

This family law in India teach wife and her parents how to destroy the Indian family system legally.

---  exactly.

aatma   21 April 2011

Originally posted by :Arup
"
thanks.

agreed

not all but a few daughters traped by their parents. they do not understand the politics of their parents. 
"

Not all parents but most of the parents in india.  I have a strong respect on indian courts and judges. When the judge give this type of summary in his/her judgment it's not just mere observation from that specific case. It is judge's long time observation from the society and this is the overall situation in most of the matrimonial life in india.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 April 2011

AGREED

anish patil (owner)     13 November 2011

very true in my case same situation happens

Saambu (Desig)     13 November 2011

Yes, it happened to me as well. And that too, if 'she' happens to be their only daughter, most likely there will not be peace and harmony in the marriage life. :(

Aishwarya (Teacher)     13 November 2011

very true in most cases either girls or boys parents do influence the marriage alot..

wifebetrayed (service)     13 November 2011

i lost my wife to my mother in law ego.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     14 November 2011

and now i m going to loose my wife - just after 5 months after marriage :(

anish patil (owner)     14 November 2011

is their any solution to stop this because of my inlaws i dont want to loose my wife because i still love

her

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register