Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reetika (none)     15 April 2011

please suggest

hello respected advocates,

i want to purchase a small piece of land whose worth is rs. 200000 but the landlord is claiming rs. 400000. The landlord is financially sound and he knows that i m in its urgent need so he is charging double because he is aware of my need .

i want to know what are the options available for me ...

i want lot of good advices which is practically implemented.. i m not financially sound and cant afford 400000.....

kindly help. !!!

Learning

3 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     15 April 2011

The land is the propoerty of the land lord and he is under no obligation to sell you that land at your desired value. He has a jus in rem in this land an he resrves the fundamental rights to sell it at an value he deems to think fit.

1 Like

Abu Sidhic (Social Engineer)     15 April 2011

Hello Reetika, Had you shared more specific details, that would have triggered more practical thoughts, from experts here.

Suggest you to try the following:

1. convince the landlord to understand your financial position and hence can bring down the selling price as much as possible, may not even possible to bring down exactly to the price in your mind.

2. Check for any premption opportunity, showing that you may be the first preferred buyer as that concerned piece of land is impacting your right to free air, light, water & pathway, etc... These kind of inputs may help you politely convince the landlord to consider your offer.

3. Try to get the advise of a legal expert near by to evaluate and see whether the landlord's demand for exorbitant price (way high compared to market price of the land) indirectly impacts any of your other fundamental rights, so that the expert can try for elucidating the landlord on the implicit consequences that you too may force of him....

4. Try to hop on to any specific acts, to peg a check to the landlord against his "dominant position" approaches...

Havins said these, always try to crack it psychologically with the landlord for early results... that would save time, while helping you relax from your present urgent need. 

regards.

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 April 2011

The amount is very high so why u purchase this land? U done any agreement with owner? I think if the amount is very high (as per market value) u cancle the deal.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register