Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hema (law officer)     14 April 2011

Minister says so

Declining s*x ratio means we'll all become gays: Farooq Abdullah

By: ANI    

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-1915524449051254"; /* I-News-National-Article-text-234x60 */ google_ad_slot = "1105005761"; google_ad_widdth = 234; google_ad_height = 60;

; //Other stories from the same section //get the xml path var sPath= location.target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href; var aPath = sPath.split('//'); if(aPath[1].length>0) { var aDomainDet = aPath[1].split('/'); var sXmlPath=""; for (var i=1;i0 && i0) { sXmlPath+=aDomainDet[i].replace('.htm','.xml'); } } } var i frameSource = "/other_articles_same_section_pV.php?path="+sXmlPath; if ((navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1) || (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('firefox'))) { document.write("
"); } else { document.write(""); }

Concerned over the latest census figures showing a decline in s*x ratio, cabinet minister Farooq Abdullah says that the day is not far when there "will be no girls to marry and we'll all become gays".

Addressing the India Water Forum in the capital, the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister, said: "The male s*x is growing and women are getting eliminated. The days are not far when there will be no girls to marry and we'll all become gays."

The three-day international summit was presided over by Vice President Hamid Ansari. Water Resources Minister Salman Khurshid was also present. Abdullah is the minister for new and renewable energy.

According to Registrar General of India and Census Commissioner C. Chandramouli, who released the provisional data for Census 2011, the child s*x ratio (0-6 years) has declined from 927 females per 1,000 males in 2001 to 914 females per 1,000 males.

There has been a rising trend in the child s*x ratio in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Mizoram and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

However, in the remaining states and union territories, the child s*x ratio has shown a decline over Census 2001.

Learning

1 Replies

Ambika (NA)     15 April 2011

A powerful way to convey the horrendous reality....

Cases of rape and other forms of s*xual violence outside and within family is also likely to rise  as the s*x ratio declines further and further. But Indian society will not wake up till the ratio dips abysmally low..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register