LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     11 April 2011

clause 17 of JAN LOKPAL BILL

Clause 17 of Jan Lokpal Bill would provide brilliant ideas in keeping the corrupts away from the purview of Lokpal.Mr Anna Hazare may not understand the repurcussions but I am surprised that learned advocates who might have been instrumental in preparation of the proposed draft have not thought it proper to delete the clause.

The same is the case with LOKAYUKTA BILL.

Is this is only the exercize to crate some more jobs for unemployed and positions for forerunners.

Huge public money would be wasted and nothing would be achieved if the clause 17 is not deleted.

THINK                                                      THINK                                                                                                THINK

Learning

20 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     11 April 2011

constitutional reform!

jai hind!

1 Like

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     11 April 2011

Raise voice to delete clause 17 from proposed draft of JAN LOKPAL BILL.

Asim Kumar Sen (RETIRED MANAGER OF A NATIONALISED BANK)     12 April 2011

A section of political leaders, in a covert and overt manner, is expressing anger and dissent against LOK PAL BILL and definitely against ANNA HAZARE. They want to say that “WHAT ARE THE ROLE AND IMPORTANCE OF PARLIAMENT, LEGISLATORS AND COURTS THEN IF CIVIL SOCIETY TAKES OVER AND DECIDE COUNTRY’S ISSUES”? These politicians EVEN IN THE GARB OF!!RENOWNED ADVOCATES!! irrespective of political colours bred corruption during the last 50 years or so in their public life and private life as well and successfully resisted/avoided the passage of LOKPAL BILL for the last four decades. They are still active to defeat the purpose LOKPAL BILL AND MANOEUVERING NOT TO DELETE CLAUSE 17of the bill.

The civil society led by ANNA HAZARE and followed by prominent persons like KIRAN BEDI and others have become the watchdog of the country to detect, prevent and punish corrupt politicians and bureaucrats. It is a good sign that the young citizens in particulars expressed wholehearted support for the successful implementation of the LOKPAL BILL.DELETE CLAUSE 17 IMMEDIATELY!!!!

ASIM KUMAR SEN

KOLKATA

rajat1947@gmail.com

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 April 2011

please post what is clause 17, and what are the objections on it?

Asim Kumar Sen (RETIRED MANAGER OF A NATIONALISED BANK)     13 April 2011

CLAUSE 17 OF JAN LOKPAL BILL IN THE PAST ENGINEERED TO KEEP SOME GOVT. FUNCTIONARIES OUT OF THE PURVIEW OF LOKPAL BILL ENCOURAGING CORRUPTION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY. THESE DEFECTS ARE VEHEMENTLY OBJECTED TO PAVE THE WAY TO INCLUDE ALL FUNCTIONERIES OF THE GOVT.LET US WAIT FOR THE NEWLY CONSTITUTED PANEL’S DRAFT AFTER ANNA HAZARE’S MOVEMENT.

ASIM KUMAR SEN
RAJAT1947@GMAIL.COM

1 Like

IT IS A DRAFT COPY ONLY IN PARTS TO UNDERSTAND LOKPAL BILL SHAPE TO TAKE

Draft Lokpal Bill, 2010

An act to create effective anti-corruption and grievance redressal systems at centre so that effective

deterrent is created against corruption and to provide effective protection to whistleblowers.

1. Short title and commencement:- (1) This Act may be called the Anti-Corruption, Grievance

Redressal And Whistleblower Protection Act, 2010.

(2) It shall come into force on the one hundred and twentieth day of its enactment.

(12) “Public servant” means a person who is or was at any time,-

(a) the Prime Minister;

(b) a Minister;

(c) a Member of Parliament;

(d) Judges of High Courts and Supreme Court;

(e) a Government servant;

(f) the Chairman or Vice-Chairman (by whatever name called) or a member of a local

authority in the control of the Central Government or a statutory body or corporation

established by or under any law of the Parliament of India, including a co-operative

society, or a Government Company within the meaning of section 617 of the

Companies Act, 1956 and members of any Committee or Board, statutory or nonstatutory,

constituted by the Government;

(g) Such other authorities as the Central Government may, by notification, from time to

time, specify;

ASIM KUMAR SEN

rajat1947@gmail.com

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     13 April 2011

now i understood that was one of the point of objection.

ANNA HAZARE!! BEWARE OF COMMENTS MADE YOU IN A SLIPSHOD MANNER DURING PRESS CONFERENCE. YOUR COMMENTS ON MODI AND NITISH KUMAR DID NOT GO DOWN WELL.  ALREADY THERE SEEMS TO BE DISSENT AMONGST YOUR VALUABLE SUPPORTERS IN SOME QUARTERS. BEWARE OF PRESS ASKING QUESTIONS PARTICULARLY LEADING QUESTIONS SO THAT YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. DO NOT TALK TO MEDIA BEFORE THE ACT IS PASSED.

kEEP QUIET AND WORK SILENTLY TO HELP DRAFT THE LOKPAL BILL WITH TARGET FOR ENACTMENT ON OR BEFORE 15 TH. AUGUST, 2011.

WE ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU.

ASIM KUMAR SEN

kolkata

rajat1947@gmail.com

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     14 April 2011

Dear Mr. Arup

Thanks for the concern expressed.I have attached proposed draft of " Jan Lokpal Bill" for your perusal.Clause 17 directlly/indirectly would restrict/help in restricting action by Lokpal.The same is the case with Lokayukta.I have proof for my submission.We can discuss it in detail if it interests you. My phone no. 09352795551.

B K GUPTA

Attached File : 8 8 jan lokpal bill.pdf downloaded: 228 times
2 Like

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     14 April 2011

Dear Mr. Sen

Thanks for raising your voice for clause 17.In response to Mr. Arup'S query you have quoted details ofclause 17 of "Lokpal Bill" wheras I meant "Jan Lokpal Bill" which is the latest hot topic for discussion i.e  the one supported by Mr. Anna Hazare.

For your and for other members' perusal I am enclosing herewith.

Attached File : 24 24 jan lokpal bill.pdf downloaded: 96 times
1 Like

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     19 April 2011

17. Matters not subject to investigation:- (1) The Lokpal shall not conduct any investigation under this Act in case of a grievance in respect of any action- (i) if the complainant has or had, any remedy by way of appeal, revision, review or any other recourse before any authority provided in any other law and he has not availed of the same. (ii) Taken by a judicial or quasi-judicial body, unless the complainant alleges malafides (iii) If the substance of the entire grievance is pending before any court or quasi-judicial body of competent jurisdiction. (iv) any grievance where there is inordinate and inexplicable delay in agitating it. (2) Nothing in this Act shall be construed as authorising the Lokpal to investigate any action which is taken by or with the approval of the Presiding Officer of either House of Parliament. (3) Nothing in this section shall bar Lokpal from entertaining a complaint making an allegation of misconduct or corruption or a complaint from a whistleblower seeking protection.

Shouldn't it be DELETED?

Asim Kumar Sen (RETIRED MANAGER OF A NATIONALISED BANK)     19 April 2011

I AM CONFUSED TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCES AMONGST LOK PAL BILL , JAN LOK PAL BILL AND THE PROPSED DRAFT TO BE PUT UP IN THE NEXT PARLIAMENT SESSION AFTER THE MOVEMENT AND THE  UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE  GOVT. AND SHRI ANNA HAZARE.-WHAT IS THE NAME OF THEIS PROPOSED BILL? ANYBODY WILL DEAL IN DETAILS?

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     19 April 2011

Dear Mr Sen

Lokpal Bill is what the Govt was preparing at its own and Jan Lokpal Bill is what the Anna Hazare proposed.Now the committee formed by the Govt would prepare draft by mutual consent and the new draft which is supposed to be prepared by 30th june and to be tabled in the parliament in its monsoon session.

My call is for removal of clause 17 of Jan Lokpal bill supported by Anna Hazare as this particular clause is strong enough to byepass all the provisions as the general public is not aware of the consequences and with all respect to Anna Hazare I am afraid he also would not understand the complications.

AJ (VP)     21 April 2011

The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (i.e. the filthy politicians in power) are at it again.

They are trying every trick in the book to scuttle the Lokpal Bill, to intimidate and discredit the Members of The Civil Society. Since the last few days these b*st*rds (i.e. the politicians) have been able to divert the attention of the media and the people of this country from the Lokpal Bill. And the stupid media is also playing to the tunes by giving unnecessary coverage to people like amar singh.

This is exactly what we need to ensure doesn’t happen.  We should stay focused.

We do not care what Mr. Shanti Bhushan OR Mr. Prashant Bhushan has done. Neither do we care about the authenticity or otherwise of the CD… Our Only Concern at the moment is to bell these Out-of-Control, Corrupt and Shameless politicians.  

First the Lokpal, rest of the things can wait and can be taken care-of at a later date

I call upon the Media and all the people of this country to Stay Focused and to ensure that Sonia and her party is forced to accept the recommendations of the Lokpal Bill as drafted by Respected Mr. Anna Hazare and Other Honorable members of the Civil Society. Please let us Not be fooled or waylaid by this well orchestrated campaign against the Lokpal. These Bloody politicians have been looting the nation for the last 60 years and have still managed to go scot free.

We cannot lose focus now. Let’s be united in our campaign against corruption. Kindly lend your full support to the Lokpal and to The Members of the Civil Society.

Say Yes to Lokpal and the Members of the Civil Society. Say No to the Uncivilized politicians.    

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register