LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

far (immagaration)     07 April 2011

the best way to stay India

I live in india since august 2005. at first by student then research visa. as research visa is belonged to phd students in india, i already finished my phd course. my visa will be expired in end of july 2011.

i would like to know there any way to stay more in india? i consolated with a lawyer. he told me there is no way and i have to leave india. that's why: 1- i have being in india by research visa. after finishing phd course there is no way to take another type of visa (only bussiness visa that i can not afford it or get marriage to an indian) 2- i am holding iranian passport. if i had other nationality i could get permanent visa after staying in india since 2005. but because of my nationality i can not.

but i hope there is some other way (out of bussiness or marriage visa) to stay more in this country atleast for 1-2 years more

Learning

4 Replies

far (immagaration)     08 April 2011

is my question complicated? or for some other reason i haven t received any response on his form? please help  my case is urgent. really need your advice

Ambika (NA)     08 April 2011

What about applying for a post doctoral? If time period is short for that, why do not you go to Iran and then come back for a post doctoral?

1 Like

far (immagaration)     08 April 2011

dear ambika thanks a lot for your suggestion. actually i already found a postdoc in a university in sounth of india. but as you know official progress in india is too slow. if i aproved for the postdoc position, it would take long time to get visa for that. but i have to arrange it till end of july. so you have any solotion for my case in this short time? by the way i would like to know is it legaly that after finishing phd can not take other course like yoga or some thing like that?

Ambika (NA)     08 April 2011

Dear Far

I can post one post at a time in an hour, hence could not reply to you immediately.

You can join any course after having finished your Ph.D. There is no bar on that. But once you join a formal course, you simaltaneously will not be able to do any other course, in case your post doc comes through. Possibly you would then formally discontinue the course you have joined, and join post doct. For an Indian it is possible to do so, but for you, you have to be sure on this if you can discontinue the course : yoga or any other course , to join your post doct. Logically it should be possible.

I wish you all the best and wish that your post doct comes sooner than you have expected. Another thing which you can do it to request your superviser to expedite the process for post doct. But then, there are lot of delays which are administrative and over which even your superviser may not have any control.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register