Share on Email

Share More

MumbaiProperties (Realtor)     30 March 2011

TradeMark Query

Hi All

Have read a lot of posts on this forum and found it very useful

Have a query, which is unresolved :

We have registered our company name as Trademark few years back - XYZ Realty

However due to our limited knowledge of what should have been registered and what was put in the application was different.

In due course we were got a registration certificate from TM Registrar  for two applications made

1. XYZ name with our LOGO
and

2. XYZ name with our business tag line 

Both were under class

My question is has my company name XYZ registered independently or I have been given rights to use the name XYZ only with the LOGO we registered or with XYZ only with the business tag line

Appreciate clarity on this and thanks in advance to all forum members for their inputs

Ramprasad Padhi

www.mumbaiproperties.com

Learning

8 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     30 March 2011

Sir,

Let me know clearly whether you have received one certificate for two applications or two certificates for two applications. By the facts of the case, I think your company's name is registered with both logo and tag line. Please post the copy of certificate issued from the Registry for further clarification. 

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     31 March 2011

The rights  over the tag line and logo of the Company both vest with the Company after the issuance of certification. Two applications may be made to claim two rights and  payments of fees for both seperately. Otherwise, one can ask for two rights under same application too. The number of applications does not make any difference with regard to rights of the Company. 

1 Like

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     31 March 2011

Dear Mr. Ramprasad,

Ideally you have registered below ones

1) XYZ with your logo

2) XYZ with tagline

When making application, it could have below ones

1) XYZ with logo

2) just Tagline

You have the rights to use XYZ, which is your company name.

Also, you have rights to use XYZ, with tagline.

Incase you change your tagline, at that time you can file for it separately.

Thanks

Nagaraj

Trademark Attorney & IP Lawyer

IP Lex Global Services

Email: nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

Mob: 9902007635

1 Like

adv.Gajanan (law officer)     01 April 2011

DEAR SIR,

IF YOUR BOTH APPLICATION REGISTERD YOU USE XYZ TAG LINE ASWELL AS YOUR XYZ LOGO .THERE IS NO ISSUE TO USE COZ YOU ARE THE REGISTERED PROPRIETOR OF BOTH THESE APPLICATIONS.

ADV.GAJANAN

IPR ATTORNEY

1 Like

MumbaiProperties (Realtor)     01 April 2011

Originally posted by :Suchitra. S
"
Sir,

Let me know clearly whether you have received one certificate for two applications or two certificates for two applications. By the facts of the case, I think your company's name is registered with both logo and tag line. Please post the copy of certificate issued from the Registry for further clarification. 
"

I have recieved two certificates - one with logo and name of company XYZ and one with XYZ name and my Tag line

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     02 April 2011

Okay. But still my earlier answer holds good. Your Company has both the rights you had asked for.

shailendra (advocate)     02 April 2011

Sir, your rights are limited up to your Trade mark Certificate. You cannot go beyond.

But still you have a right to amend the existing trademark as registered or you may file new application for your desired name and logo.

siva   20 January 2016

Hi,

I just want to clear one think, if manufacture of vehicle normally sell there products the class 11 and  35 is must. or only 11 is good enough. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register