Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh (IT)     29 March 2011

Convertting a flat to Freehold as per Delhi Laws

Dear Sir/Madam,

My father bought a property in Delhi 18 years back from a lady whose husband had passed away. This property was bought on power of attorney. We had power of attorney, her will and all other basic docs required for the sale of a property.

With these documents, my father approached DDA to convert this property to Freehold. Unfortunately, he figured out that the lady had sold this flat to her without getting the property transferred to her name in DDA records and the property is still in her husband's name. She was the successor so she sold it.

This couple had no children, wife is no longer in the city and we do not even have the death certificate of this man in whose name this property exists. DDA is refusing to transfer this property in my father's name and we need some guidance to get this flat registered into my father's name.

Please let me know if there is any way out legally.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Learning

2 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     29 March 2011

Death cerificate of the actual owner and an affidavit regarding the legal heirship is must.

1 Like

Sh S. Kumar (Other)     05 September 2012

Dear Mr. Yogesh,

You can contact me for Converting your Leasehold flat to Freehold in Delhi

Mr. SK Gupta

+91-8800418408

Freehold Conversion in Delhi

https://www.onlinepropertyregistration.com/freehold-dda.html

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register