Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     10 March 2011

SBI ATM Amount debited in account for Failed transaction

Hello Everyone,

You are requested to please advise on below Bank related issue:

Facts of the Case:

My father has account in SBI (Pune) he attempted to withdraw Rs. 10,000/- from Andhra Bank's ATM on 23April'10 but the transation was failed and ATM did not dispense the money. when he saw his pass book he realised the amount of Rs. 10,000 debited to his Saving Account. He brought this to the knowledge of Branch manager (BM). He assured that within 12 days amounts will be credited (i.e account will be restored with previous balance) even after 12 days my father didnot get credit then BM lodged complaint and he assured the account will be restored. Which never happened. My father again lodged complaint and result was same.  Likewise he lodged 9-10 complaints every time he given assurances. Then the BM asked to contact SBI main brach there also he lodged two complaints once in Oct'10 and then on Dec'10. In the month of Jan'11 the matter was escalated to the DGM Customer care and Local head office Mumbai. DGM forwarded mail to Chief Manager (CM) main branch Pune. After some 4-5 reminders he got reply in Feb'11 where in Chief manager put all the allegations back on my father (each of those are False and misleading), CM said transaction was successful, card is misused, they suggested my father to file FIR but he did not file, SBI got reply from Andhra bank on 1st June'10 that nothing can happen on this,my father was insisting for video footage.

My father replied to Chairman/DGM customer care that all the statements of CM is untrue and misleading. My was never advised by bank to file FIR, his card is never misused, when the SBI main branch had a reply from Andhra bank on June'10 then why did they lodge two more complaints on Oct'10 & Dec'10. Why he was harassed and given assurances every time. Now the chairman/ DGM is not responding.

My father is feeling pain of being accused that he got monye dispensed still he is asking to restore the account.

I thought this is right forum to discuss adn get some ideas. You are requested to please advise what he should do now. I have advised him for Ombudsman and comsumer court before he loses the cause of action.

Dhanyavaad.

Vikash K Dwivedi

Learning

4 Replies

Jamai Of Law (propra)     11 March 2011

It reflects in the reconciliation report (daily) of each ATM

That report can not be changed ... its a network  (switching, acquiring etc intemediaries are there ) 

You may follow up with Andhra bank also and get the report of that day.

It should also show the failed transaction.

It looks like a half way/zombie transaction ...but everything gets captured in the system, unless money was dispensed by ATM but your father left the spot  in a haste without collecting it!!

ATMs also generally  print the slip of failed transaction! (Axis banks)

Did he report it to the security guard and wrote that incident in the register?...else go and again enquire it over there!!

Those entrys  can not be manually changed, otherwise at many places (switching networks) it will have to be changed then.

If there was a failed transaction, then every intermediary's daily report will have a difference of 10000/-, to the least make a request to check that day's report of that ATM.

1 Like

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     11 March 2011

Dear "Jamai of Law"

Bahut Bahut Dhanyawad.  Aap ki salah par Andhra Bank ko Zaroor sampark Karoonga.

Vikash Dwivedi

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     13 April 2011

DWIVDI JI ,ANDHRA BANK CAN NOT HELP YOU THE OFFICER SAYS THAT OU GO TO UR BRANCH AND COMPLAIN ,BRANCH ALSO INFORM US .

IF UR FATHER USE THIS TRANSACTION THEN THE COUNTER SLIP IS ALSO OUT FROM  MACHINE IT SHOWS THAT THE TRANSACTON IS SUCCESSULL OR NOT.

IF THE BANK IS NOT IN UR FAVOUR U GO TO THE CONSUMER COURT .

sangeetha.s (staff)     19 December 2011

On 02.12.2011 i have booked tickets in PVR cinemas for Rs. 300, amount debited in my account but my transaction got failed. so please kindly take steps in this regard,i attach a file herewith for your reference.

Attached File : 149052 235286 18 bank.doc downloaded: 117 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register