Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh (Manager)     09 March 2011

Gratuity

Hello Experts ,

I was working in pvt ltd software IT company having strength of around 200 people. And got relieved from a company after 9 years of continuous service as permanent employee. But I was not given gratuity from company after 5 time I mail to all management. And have not received any reply.

Someone on the forum please guide me now what I do?

Thanks in advance..

Learning

4 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     09 March 2011

file an application before the Controlling Authority under Payment of Gratuity Act

1 Like

Dinesh (Manager)     09 March 2011

Thanks Sir.

Sir,

The production office is at Noida and the head office is at New Delhi. So where I am going to register the complain.

Also I am only request by mail for gratuity, did I need to send any hard copy to company? And also I left the company on last 3 month, did the gratuity amount is applied with interest?

I am thank full to you if you provide me the office address of Controlling Authority

Thanks in Advance

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     09 March 2011

Since, the company is having offices in more than one State. Thus you have to file your claim before the Controlling Authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act(Central), New Delhi, within the jurisdiction the Head Office of company situate.

1 Like

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     09 March 2011

If your salary was being released from HO you can file an application in Delhi too. The interest becomes payable from the date you ask the employer to pay. You have to apply( to employer) in a prescribed form which you can find in Payment of Gratuity Rules. In Delhi the area labour officer or assistant labour commissioner is Controlling Authority under the Act. Earlier the office for New Delhi area was in Kasturba Gandhi Road Barracks but has shifted from that place recently. You can easily search the address from website of Delhi govt.   

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register