LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

laxmi (executive asst to ceo)     07 March 2011

Add another person to my own brought property

I bought a property in my name few years back. No ancestral link. I want to add another person to the ownership of the flat.

Kindly let me know the procedure and best way to do the same.

thx

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 March 2011

Third person means? whether relative or some body.  You can file an application before the concerned authrotiy to add third pary's name as joint owner.

1 Like

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     07 March 2011

By way sale deed sale some portion as undivided share of the property.

1 Like

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     07 March 2011

Details required to answer to your question. If that person is your son, daughter, wife transfer and register the portion of joint right by geft (settlement).  If that person is other than relation sell the joint right by way of sale deed. If actually you are not intended to vend the right and do'not want to take money.  You may register by Pure geft. transfer should be only by way of some deed registered.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for your message.

I want to add the person to equal portion of the property. and in case of death the property should go to either/or person. It is not relative.
will it be like a new sale or just add a name to the document i already have. How much will it cost me? Is there any way other way  of undisputebale method other than this.

many thanks for ur advice.

Hello and thanks for your message.

I want to add the person to equal portion of the property. and in case of death the property should go to either/or person. It is not relative.
will it be like a new sale or just add a name to the document i already have. How much will it cost me? Is there any way other way  of undisputebale method other than this.

many thanks for ur advice.

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     08 March 2011

Dear friend,

He is other than relative. Hence half joint share have to be tranfered by way of sale. You have to regiter one will to his favour to get your share if you demise earlier. Same way you may get registered one will for half share by a registered will. Whoever lives will get other's joint share.  There is no such thing including another's name easily. Sale costs maximum. will costs minimum. By way of will only after death serviver is possiable to get the rights. Consult the Sub Registrr of your area he will assist you in finding Value of the property and stamp duty registrtion fees to be paid.  You have to furnish correct property detasils exatent and age of the property.

shailesh (technical associate)     08 March 2011

hi kaku,

kindly help me

1. Mr X purchased a land in 1952 in Delhi.Mr. X is have 2 sons and 2 Daughters I.e. Elder Son A Younger Son B Elder Daughter A Younger Daughter B
2. Before 1965 Mr X was living with Younger Son B.
3. In 1965, Elder Son A came to Delhi because he was suffering from Cancer. He was having 2 Legal Heirs i.e. Elder Daughter AD and Elder Son AS. Elder Son A Started Living in the 1/3 of the Property
 4. In 1967, Mr. X done a Registered Will in the Name of his Wife Mrs Y. in WILL, he stated that after my death the whole property will belong to her and if she wants she can give the Property to Legal Heirs
5. In 1968, Elder Son A died as he as suffering from Cancer and Mrs Y(Wife of Mr X and) died.
6. In 1969, Mr. X done a another Registered Will invoking the Previous WILL which States that A. Whole Property Owner is Younger Son B B. Legal Heirs and Wife of late Elder Son A will be living as License in 1/3 of Possession and Can be Evicted anytime by younger Son B. Younger Son B was treated as Licensor and Owner in WILL
7. In 1971, Mr. X died. Legal Heirs of Elder Son A i.e. Mr AD has taken the possession(Started Living) in 1/2 of the property. Then There was Oral Family Settlement that Property is divided into Equal Part between Mr. AD and Mr. X . No Written Document was made.
8. In 1977, Elder Daughter A and Younger Daughter B(Other 2 Legal Heirs of Mr X) done a Registered Relinquishment Deed in the name of Mr AD and Younger Son B giving there Whole Ownership Equally To Them.
9. Younger Son B is having 4 Legal Heirs (Elder Daughter BD1, Elder Daughter BD2 , Elder Son BS1, Elder Son BS2) 10. In 1994, Younger Son B died.
11. In 1997, Legal Heirs and Wife of Younger Son B has done there Own Relinquishment Deed giving the property half/half to Elder Son BS1, Elder Son BS2 and also stated that they are having the possession of the Property. But they are actually having possession of half of the Property
12. Mr. AD has done the Mutation of Half Property in his name since 1998 and paying the Electricity, Property Bills from Many Years.
13. Also Mr. AD has Revamped(Re-Structure) the home in his Half around 2002.

Can anybody tell me being a legal Heir of  Younger Son B how I can get a title of whole property i.e. including the share of Mr AD and how I can evict  Mr AD and his family.

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     08 March 2011

Dear frien, you will get your share of property only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register