Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

In China, Criminal Cases are disposed of in 1 month and Civi

In China, Criminal Cases are disposed of in 1 month and Civil Cases in 6 months

Beijing.—Perhaps for the first time ever in its modern history, China lowered its iron curtains over its judiciary, revealing to a delegation of international jurists a rich blend of technology steeped in ancient traditional values. Several surprises tumbled out of the closet, too.

While civil and corporate case accounted for 68 of total cases in China, only six per cent are criminal cases. Civil cases are heard and disposed of in six months, whereas criminal case take just one month to three months. China had 1.9 lakh judges and one-third of them are women. Besides, the four-tier judicial system of China has on its rolls a total of 3.2 lakh staff members. Together, the judges handled a million cases annually, said justice Jing Hanchao, vice-president of the Supreme People’s Court of China, to a delegation of the International Council of Jurists (ICJ).

Lakhs of new cases are being filed owing to economic and social developments. But the number of judges is not enough to hear and dispose of all these cases, Justice Hanchao said.

The jurists delegation was led by justice V.S.Sirpurkar, Judge, Supreme Court of India, and comprised the ICJ president Dr.Adish C.Aggarwala, director S.Prabhakaran, justice Ali Hameed Mohamed of the Supreme Court of Maldives, and justice PR Walagama of the High Court of Sri Lanka, Lok Sabha Member from Mizoram CL Ruala and Tamil Nadu Advocates Association vice-president Antony Selvaraj were also among the members.

The delegation, which visited the sw*nky Supreme People’s Court in Beijing and Shanghai, was explained as to how every particular of a case is displayed on screens the moment a case is called for trial. In criminal trials, finger prints, witness and defence depositions, weapon details and the specific charges and provisions faced by the accused come alive on screen in front of every stake-holder in the court. “The low incidence of criminal cases reflects the fact that there are fewer crimes taking place in our nation,” said justice Ms. Herong, vice-president of the High People’s Court in Beijing.

Justice Sirpurkar, astonished at the advanced mediation techniques and the use of information technology tools in the administration of justice in China, told the senior judges of China that the two countries had several things in common. (Source: Times of India, Chennai, dt.24-12-2010).

Learning

37 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     25 December 2010

Sir, Thanks for the info,

Let's pray and hope for the good in this/our country also.

Good sense prevail to the Indian Politicians and other people of Rule of Law.

Y ARAVIND (ADVOCATE)     27 December 2010

China is fast not only in disposal of case; but in various other factors

(Guest)

We can only hope for some dynamic actions.Not see the real actions.

In fact, we have been hoping for years.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 February 2011

1.  China is a Communist country and you can hardly see their open eyes.

2.  India is a Democracy and you can easily see the big wide eyes.

3.  In the event if  Indian Democracy is inter-changed with China's Communist values,  India too can achieve justice within 30 days.

SECRET of  China's success :
China keeps Work in Mind and Progress in Heart (24 X 7 X 365)
India keeps S Ex / EGO in Mind and Corruption in Heart (24 X 7 X 365)

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

2 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Hemant Agarwal
"
1.  China is a Communist country and you can hardly see their open eyes.

2.  India is a Democracy and you can easily see the big wide eyes.

3.  In the event if  Indian Democracy is inter-changed with China's Communist values,  India too can achieve justice within 30 days.

SECRET of  China's success :
China keeps Work in Mind and Progress in Heart (24 X 7 X 365)
India keeps S Ex / EGO in Mind and Corruption in Heart (24 X 7 X 365)

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
"

Vey well said!

Till then,let's keep hoping and smiling !  :)

After all,India only works on hopes.

(Guest)

All my life I have been hearing,"India is overpopulated.Hence the delay in giving justice,since so many cases are piled up".

Even I found some logic with this "excuse".

Now China's population has been higher than that of India.Yet the speedy delivery of justice.

Now what is the next excuse Indians can think of?

(Guest)

Yes,I have gone through these threads,and appreciate your ideas,that giving justice must not be like selling a good in a shop.

Your ideas are so revolutionary.Why don't you make your voice heard by filing PIL?

In LCI people will just read and appreciate

.But this is not enough na,when you want to see changes in society?

Right?

(Guest)

Meenal ji, revolutions only comes out when justice not given by the judiciary.

"Har shaakh pe ullu baithe hain...".. Meenal ji.

Fo revolutionary changes people from the roots of the land should be aware of the things and DRF is on the job. I train my collegues in meetings "spread silently like cancer so when detected there will be no way out and corrupts will ave only to die" (it seems a negative example but in real not so). W are not n hurry since revolution not happens in a pre-decided time frame. We are tryng to create a non-stop revolution which will work ever since "A CONSTANT WATCH ON GOERNANCE AND ADMINISTRATION IS A COMPULSION FOR FUNCTION OF DEMOCRACY".

Your advice is also a part of action. I am happy to see your activeness.

And hereat LCI I just only post things to touch the matter here too, nothing more expected from so called educated class.

(Guest)

Like to bring up into notice that

China to Japan are following principles of Buddhism -

"EQUALITY"

and see here progress.  CAN ONE DENY?

(Guest)

No..

(Guest)

On every branch of trees, GOVERNANCE-ADMINISTRATION-JUDICIARY fundamentalist comunal OWLs have grabbed all the power in hand and so till when they will be there corruption will not be cured, just make a lst of corrupt people whose names you know and see the truth & facts in my this finding.  They are the cause for non-ipementation of deocracy THE RULE OF PEOPLE - RULE BY THE PEOPLE - RULE FOR THE PEOPLE and EQUAL DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS FOR VERYCITIZEN. These are old time communals.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Ram Samudre-DRF [NSSD-UOI]
"

Like to bring up into notice that

China to Japan are following principles of Buddhism -

"EQUALITY"

and see here progress.  CAN ONE DENY?
"

Besides Buddhism,it's also their attitude

For example:I heard from some relatives who travelled to Japan in taxi that the taxi driver refused to charge them money,as he treated Indians as guests of Japan.

You can well imagine how an Indian taxi wala behaves,when he gets foreign passengers   :)

In countries like Burma,Bhutan etc Buddhism is followed,but they r are not so progressive. :)

However I agree that Buddhists don't create high and low castes.Actually I don't know much about this religion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register