Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     14 February 2011

A powerful,wish fulfilling Buddhist mantra

A POWERFUL WISH FULFILLING BUDDHIST MANTRA:

MANTRA NAME- "NAMYO HORENGE KYO"

HOW TO CHANT:Chant with eyes open,facing an empty wall,with folded hands,seated on floor cross legged,or on a chair;not while lying down,unless bedridden.

Ask in your mind,wishes of yourself,of others,your country,and so on.

TIME LIMIT:10 mins to 24 hrs.Depends upon you.The more you chant,the more benefits it brings

WHEN TO CHANT:Any time of the day.Start in the morning between 4AM-11 AM.

Who Can Chant?

Anyone can practice chanting because overall it’s a non-religious practice just like meditation. Teens, Parents of 3, Old, Wrinkled, Young, Shabby, Tired, Confused anyone!

A person of any religion can chant it,without having to compromise on his own religious practices like fasting,hawans,going to temples,mosques,churches,etc.

BENEFITS:

1.Courage

One who chants Nam Myoho Renge Kyo will be filled with the courage of a lion.

2. Concentration

Chanting also allows the practitioner to view the contents of his mind. These habitual thoughts are one's karma, the mind's normal reactions to everyday situations. The aim while chanting is to focus the mind. While doing this it's easy to see what kind of thoughts the mind usually contains. Before chanting the mind is like a wild horse. Through chanting, you grab the reigns and steer it towards a definite course.

3. Fulfillment of desire

If you focus on something you want, you will get it. While you are chanting you are focusing all your mental faculties on the object of desire, casting out negative thoughts and distractions, while holding the image of  your goal firmly in your mind. There is nothing that cannot be accomplished when a mind is firmly fixed on a single goal.

4. Spiritual awareness increases – you will begin to notice good things that you never did.

5. Curiosity increases

6. Patience and peace of mind increases

By chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo you can attain enlightenment in this lifetime. When you awaken to your Buddha nature, you are free from fear, doubt, suffering and all forms of blame. You begin to understand that your mind is the entity of the mystic law, creating all things, pervading even the smallest particles of dust. You are free, knowing that you are truly in control of your life.

7. Get Rid of Bad Karma and Build Good Karma. Change Defeat into Victory; Loss into Gain;  Poison into Medicine.

8. Overcome Your Fears, Painful Memories and Phobias.

9. Relate to People in Your Environment on the Highest Level.

10. Control the Lower Four Worlds of Hell, Hunger, Dominant/Submissive Attitudes and Anger.

11. Find and Keep Actual Love.

12. Understand and Get What You Really Need for Your Happiness. (What Do I want out of life?)Increase the Span of Your Life;

13. Overcome the Sufferings of Birth, Old Age, Sickness, Death and Re-birth.

14. Get Stuff You May Want, Including Freedom, Wealth, Love, Friends, Work Satisfaction and Joy By Buddhafying Yourself.

To learn how to pronounce this mantra correctly,go to you tube videos through google search.

PRECAUTIONS-1. Do not chant for others' ill.The results will boomerang on you only.

2. Pray for others' wishes and happiness too,besides your own,to get maximum benefits.

3. Also pray for your enemies' well being & happiness.Then,they will either become positive towards you,or will go out of your life effortlessly.

SOURCES:

1. Myself

2. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:--IanLyAAskJ:blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dblog.view%26friendId%3D42353133%26blogId%3D490106633+benefits+of+chanting+namyoho+renge+kyo&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in&source=www.google.co.in

3. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:--IanLyAAskJ:blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dblog.view%26friendId%3D42353133%26blogId%3D490106633+benefits+of+chanting+namyoho+renge+kyo&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in&source=www.google.co.in

4. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:J6ijv5vtAHAJ:www.helium.com/items/1748070-the-benefits-of-chanting-nam-myoho-renge-kyo+benefits+of+nam+myoho+renge+kyo&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in&source=www.google.co.in

Learning

16 Replies

shankar (advocate)     14 February 2011

spell in hindi

(Guest)

Heartly "Thanks" Roshni jee for showing THE PATH OF HUMANITY.

1 Like

(Guest)

I am curious to know about Buddha chants but unfortunately I don’t understand the word and pronounce it. 

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo 

NAMYO HORENGE KYO

1 Like

नम्योहोरेंगेक्यो-  Hindi name

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

I forgot to mention the main thing...

This mantra has to be chanted orally,ie,you shud be able to hear your own voice.You may chant loudly or softly,depending upon your stamina.

But no chanting in the mind and no chanting in whispering tone.

Only orally..That's how it's done!!.........Otherwise,no benefits

P.S-(Only dumb/mute persons may chant in mind,as they have no option)

2 Like

(Guest)

I found what its meaning;

NAM - MYO - HO - REN - GE - KYO

The syllables are pronounced as follows

NAM The "A" is pronounced like the word "AH" : NAHM.

MYO Imagine the word Yo-yo. The "yo" part of "Myo" sounds

like the "yo" of "yo-yo" .

Now suppose there was a man named "Tim Yo". Say the name out loud.

The sound of "m" at the end of "Tim" "blends" with the "yo" to form the combined sound "myo": Ti"M YO" Cut out the "Ti" sound and you are left with the correct sound for "Myo"

HO The word "HOE" (the garden tool) sounds exactly right.

REN The name of the bird "WREN" sounds exactly right.

GE The word "GAY" sounds right.

KYO This sounds exactly like the "KYO" in ToKYO.

PACE: Most people chant at about 1½ seconds per Daimoku or 40 Daimoku per minute. Some people chant much faster. When chanting on your own, choose the speed you feel comfortable with. In a group, follow the pace of the leader without trying to force the pace slower or faster.

DURATION Chant for as long as you feel like chanting. Nichiren Daishonin's only instruction to his disciples (us) was "Chant to your heart's content".

3 Like

Dear all,

kindly clarify if the Hindi pronunciation,that i posted above, is visible to you or not.because on my screen,it appeared as question marks.

kushan's article form the net,that explains the pronunciation is gud...but the 1st pronunciation for "NAM",ie "NAHM" and for "REN" are confusing.

just follow the hindi pronunciation i have written...it's sufficient.

because if yoy pronounce wrongly u wont realise any benefits of chanting this mantra

1 Like

(Guest)

Really really a great contribution and very useful.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     15 February 2011

Thanks..

(Guest)

Wow wow.

I chanted this mantra the next morning,after I had read about it.

Three of of pending tasks could not get finished for many months,because of so many obstaclesUnbelieveably they got successfully accomplished by today.

I feel so peaceful also,as if taken I have taken a tranquiliser.Thanks for posting this wonderful information.Post more informations like these.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     22 February 2011

Thanks for the feedback Munne jee

I am also posting this video link for those who want to know how to chant with correct pronunciation,speed and rhythm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNbU2-9YcGI&feature=related

zimmerzapper (student)     18 May 2011

roshni did this work for you? does your breath stop when you meditate

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     18 May 2011

this is not a silent meditation where the breath stops.u simply chant the mantra.the breathing will be just the same way as while chanting any other mantra.

this mantra gives u the same benefits as those of meditation,besides the benefits already mentioned in the first post of this thread.

did it work for me?

Yes!

Will it work for you?

Try it to believe it

1 Like

(Guest)

Yes, i tried for the first time few months back but i cant speak it so i call to dear Guru(roshni) and know how to speak this mantra and thereafter i speak clearly.And its very effective.Thanks roshni.

zimmerzapper (student)     18 May 2011

thanks roshni b.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register