LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

help_divorce (SC)     12 February 2011

Change of Lawyer

I am currently fighting a divorce case. However my lawyer is behaving very strangely and not co-operating with me. Can I change my lawyer?

Learning

5 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     12 February 2011

yes u can. but what is strange about him?

Ambika Prasad Mishra (Lawyer)     12 February 2011

Yes, you can change your lawyer at any moment. However, before engaging a new lawyer, a no-objection certificate is required from the present lawyer. In the event the present lawyer refuses to give no objection certficate, you can apply to the court for the same through your newly engaged lawyer.

(Guest)

Yes, U can change the Lawyer. But it will better to discuss your concerns with your current lawyer and sort out. There is no limit and end to changing a lawyer, but this story will not end over here. The other one will also be the same and then you will find the problem in the second one also. It seems that there is a communication problem between you and your lawyer. Most of the Parties have the same feeling when the lawyer does not argues as they want. he cannot as he has to maintain the decorum in the court. What is improtant for you that your lawyer wins the case for you. In any case, when you have decided for a divroce why do you and your wife want to contest. Try working out an amicable settlement and opt for a mutal divorce. That the shortest route. It will save your time and money. Contested divorce take a lot of time as courts have a priority to protect the marriage only incase both the parties are hel bent upon the divorce the court proceeds with the same.

2 Like

Dr.R.Stephen Louie (lawyer)     13 February 2011

yes. you can change your lawyer very well . but see that whether you are misunderstanding him. ask ur layer to consent for appointment of another lawyer.if he refuses ask your new lawyer to do it thru court or as per the provisions in the Cr.P.C. Please do not try to do this often as this  can be usually settled with if you cooperate with your lawyer,basically they are acting on their ethics, please mind. Dr. R. Stephen Louie , Advocate

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     13 February 2011

When u leave ur old lawyer plz u must see whether all your documents are in right position.

U must see whether u had any blank singed paper not with ur old lawyer.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register