Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Delhi HC orders errant lawyer to fight 12 cases for free

Errant lawyer to fight 12 free cases, says HC

SOURCE: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Errant-lawyer-to-fight-12-free-cases-says-HC/articleshow/7427781.cms

NEW DELHI: A lawyer, who tried to threaten a jeweller to elicit information about purchases done by his client's estranged wife, has been ordered to render pro bono work in 12 cases by the Delhi high court.

Justice Hima Kohli asked the Delhi Legal Services Authority to assign 12 cases to the advocate that he has to fight for free. HC order came after the errant lawyer offered an unconditional apology and submitted that he was remorseful for his action of threatening a jeweller. The court said DLSA will submit a detailed report on the assigned work at the next date of hearing scheduled in May this year, when the court will review if a genuine attempt was made by the advocate in doing pro bono work.

HC was hearing a case relating to a dispute between a couple when it was brought to the attention of the bench that the lawyer for the husband wrote a threatening letter to one Rajesh Soni, a jeweller from whom the wife had purchased some jewellery. In the letter, the advocate demanded information on the sales tax number, books of accounts, sales tax return and other confidential details related to the purchase. While admitting remorse, the lawyer claimed that he had tried to seek the information only because he wanted to verify the allegations levelled against his client by his wife, in connection with purchase of 'stridhan' from Soni.

But HC took a very serious view of the matter, more so when it realized that the husband himself was a lawyer by profession. The court saw the letter sent to the jeweller as a "muscle flexing" and an attempt to browbeat the wife so that she doesn't pursue the case in court.

As per the prosecution, the couple got married in January 2008. Soon after, the allegation went, the relationship turned sour because the wife was harassed for getting less  dowry at the time of marriage and asked to bring more. She alleged that her husband didn't support her or save her from this harassment and she was even beaten up by her in-laws.

Learning

25 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 February 2011

1. wrong personal precedent of Ladyship.

2. in the words of wisdom of our countries topmost crl. lawyer Sh. Ram Jethmalani and I quote him "to catch a thief sometimes the accused has to act like a thief otherwise truth will be buried forever"

3. Hon’ble Ladyship Hima Kohli should have asked wife to “come clean” instead of pouncing on husband irrespective of his caste, creed and or past expertise as a lawyer once as she was quoted in this media reporting.

4. as natural coracle can ladyship give justice to 50% i.e atleast next 6 dowry victim husbands matters tagged to her Court? NO, it is written now large in tombstone by this media reporting of her pro women favoritism if this media reporting had to be factually believed.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 February 2011

WHAT MS KAUR DID IN THIS THREAD?

MS KAUR - ae judge pagal ho gaya hai?

MR PRABHAKAR - That lady, Ms. Avnish Kaur on public forum refers to justice Ganguly as "pagal".

HOW YOU CAME TO THIS CONCLUSION THAT Ms. Avnish Kaur on public forum refers to justice Ganguly as "pagal"?

HAVE YOU MARKED, THE QUESTION MARK IN HER POSTING?

SHE IS ASKING A QUESTION BUT YOU PUT HER MOUTH THE WORD ‘PAGAL’!!

YOU ASKED THE ADDRESS OF MS KAUR.

YOU PUT THE ADDRESS OF ROSHNI B.

YOU AND YOUR GROUP PROVOCATE THE MEN AND THE SUPPORTERS.

YOU AND A FEW PERSONS OF YOUR GROUP INSTIGATING AND PROVOCATING IN FAVOUR OF THE GENDER BIASNESS AMONG THE MEMBERS.

IT IS NOT A NEW THING TO ME. I ALREADY TOLD YOU, I WATCH THE ACTIVITIES OF YOU AND YOUR GROUP AT LCI, WHO WORKED AS A SINGLE TEAM.

DO NOT WORRY, POSTINGS AT LCI BY YOU AND YOUR TEAM LAST TWO YEARS, WILL BE PLACED AT THE COURT.

MR PRABHAKAR, DO NOT THINK THAT YOU ARE ABOVE LAW.

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     11 February 2011

Dear Mr. "intelligent" arup,

dont drag me in ur arguments with others.

but as u have already dragged me,read below wot i have to say to you:

any "intelligent" person(mind you;only intelligent) who has read all my posts and threads till now will conclude that i am not promoting any hatred towards men.

it's true that i support wronged wives and their parents.but that's another thing.

also i support wronged men,becvause they are also sons and brothers of women only.

look at ur own posts...full of bad words,nuisance,spreading hatred,calling women "vulgar names" promoting extramaritals and live ins,and wot nots.in one of ur posts you also said that khap paanchayats are justified in giving divorces,in the wife cant conceive.

this is ur mentality.i know wot i am.

LCI is too tolerant that it's allowed a person like u to continue here,even though u have no good contribution.if it was some other website,u wud have been banned 4ever.

even in your photograph you look very sick and mean.but u have uploaded it,as if u look very good.

if a lady writes abt her problem,you abuse her that she's false,and if a man writes,u brainwash him into getting a divorce and having live ins.

on top of this,you are arguing with a senior advocate(prabhakar) here,instead of accepting your fault.he's so tolerant that he hasnt sent you any notice till now

avnish shud not have said "pagal" for the judge.but here i will will say,she's far better than you.she said this word only once.

on the other hand,you continue with your madness every single day.so u need a gud medical treatment,as advised by rajeev jee.

all the best!

2 Like

Ambika (NA)     11 February 2011

Either he should be inducted in the judiciary ( honorary post for his knowledge) or he should be at least nominated as member of Rajya Sabha for his extra ordinary contribution to social cause....

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     11 February 2011

Originally posted by :Ambika
"
Either he should be inducted in the judiciary ( honorary post for his knowledge) or he should be at least nominated as member of Rajya Sabha for his extra ordinary contribution to social cause....
"

Dint get it....whom are you referring to?

Arup,the great??

Who else? You guessed right...Roshni

(Guest)

@Arup

YOU ASKED THE ADDRESS OF MS KAUR.

YOU PUT THE ADDRESS OF ROSHNI B.

Very Mean! SO,you accept that she speak like that and you take a defence and give another address!

Thereafter you said,  A VERY BIG AND VERY BIG FONT USED BY ARUPJI I DONT HAVE ANY LOGIC BEHIND IT?

I ALREADY TOLD YOU, I WATCH THE ACTIVITIES OF YOU AND YOUR GROUP AT LCI, WHO WORKED AS A SINGLE TEAM.

Is this IPL Match or world cup ?:(

Better to switch off Lci for a moment and watch World CUP;)

2 Like

Kushan ji

you only have capacity to convey your meanings without rancour ...and so beautifully also....

1 Like

Moreover, Why Avnish's Kaur's addrss should be swapped with Roshni B's ????

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 February 2011

"
Moreover, Why Avnish's Kaur's addrss should be swapped with Roshni B's ????
"

Bze it is legal terrorism unleashed.
Reasoning:
It is authentic feminism. 

1 Like

I could not get you???? Tajobindia ji...

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 February 2011

"
I could not get you???? Tajobindia ji...
"

@ Ambika

It is SIMPLE as in simple....

The day you start giving legal advise and or legal opinion to various authors posts, you will understand what I mean in above, till then social networking / social same gender bonding websites / BBS / forums are there where you may move to with such questions.
Message I am conveying to you @ your Team is:
In a premium legal forum such as LCI anyone can come on board as in registered member but try to limit your postings to legal advises not social bonding as in the way you are seeking ans. to a female bonding (your bonding with Roshni shows from such non-legal postings which I quoted to you as in above) question as in a afternoon balcony talks of neighborhood two auntiji's.

I mean we are here to encourage you and your team to raise the level of such good legal forums by digesting your saved files of some good past / present repliers and suggest to limit personal bonding questions such as above [11 February 2011, 20:07]you asked which has no legal value as in legal forum value addition. 

1 Like

Thank you Sir, and who are We? 

Thanks for advice but no thanks....:)

And ofcourse it has a legal value...how can someone's identity and address can be swapped for someone else? 

I notice a very patronising tone in your posting this time....and I do not like to be patronised....so well, I can talk across my balcony and I do not see any harm in it....

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register