Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     10 February 2011

Girl dies of low BP,after man cancels marriage due to dowry

Girl dies after man cancels marriage for dowry

Rewari: A young girl on Monday died of low blood pressure apparently caused due to depression after the boy with whom her marriage was fixed refused to tie the knot as her parents expressed their inability to meet his dowry demands, police said.

The family of Kanchan, a resident of Mohalla Meharwara, had arranged her marriage with Saurab, a resident of UP's Hathras town. The wedding was to take place on February 7.

The girl's parents had given Rs 7.27 lakh cash and a motorcycle as dowry to Saurab following his family's demand, police said.

Girl dies after man cancels marriage for dowry

However, the boy's family on February 5 raised their demand and asked for a car in dowry. Kanchan's parents expressed their inability to meet the demand following which Saurab's family pulled out of the marriage arrangement.

The incident upset the girl and her blood pressure abruptly dipped. Kanchan was rushed to a hospital after her condition worsened but she could not be saved.

Her family members said they will lodge a police complaint against Saurab's family for torturing the girl mentally, which led to her death.

https://ibnlive.in.com/news/girl-dies-after-man-cancels-marriage-for-dowry/142815-3.html

Learning

34 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 February 2011

Thnk you Roshni B, for posting this unfortunate incidents, its really very hurting to see such incidents taking place in India. Better spread the news to Indin Girls that they marry Nagas especially my tribe who gives dowry to the Girl's parents as  a token of respect to the Girl.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 February 2011

When it is ‘a man’, I must find a fault of him.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 February 2011

Ask her parents –

Why they did not feed their girl child sufficiently, for which she is a patient of low BP?

Do they behave  same with their male child?

this news doesnt mention that the girl already had low BP problem.

she died of "shock" becoz she cud not bear to see her marriage cancelled.

but people like arup wont understand wot breaking of a heart is.maybe they are not sensible enuf to understand that people can die of shock also,even when there's no disease.

because they are busy "imposing their views" in big,bold coloured fonts,to gain attention,and force others to agree with them.

HOW PATHETIC AND MEAN!

3 Like

Ambika (NA)     10 February 2011

Well said Roshani.  

3 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 February 2011

Roshni,

Very unfortunate reporting of a poor girls loss. I pray for the girls family to give them courage to withstand from this unfortunate early death as per media reporting.

Having read the news and making a prudent medical hypothesis on media reporting, I say sudden low blood pressure with no symptoms is almost never serious. Any of the readers may check this medical statement with their GP.

I also add that health problems can occur when blood pressure drops suddenly, and the brain is deprived of an adequate blood supply. This can lead to dizziness or lightheadedness. Sudden drops in blood pressure most commonly occur in someone “who's rising from a prone or sitting position to standing”. This kind of low blood pressure is known as postural hypotension, orthostatic hypotension, or neurally mediated orthostatic hypotension.

Postural hypotension is considered a failure of the autonomic nervous system -- the part of the nervous system that controls involuntary vital actions, such as the heartbeat - to react appropriately to sudden changes. Normally, when you stand up, some blood pools in your lower extremities. Uncorrected, this would cause your blood pressure to fall. But your body normally compensates by sending messages to your heart to beat faster and to your blood vessels to constrict. This offsets the drop in blood pressure. If this does not happen, or happens too slowly, postural hypotension results.

I am aware you may not buy these arguments based on sound medical principals hence  I also add that the cause of low blood pressure symptoms aren't always clear. It may be associated with the following:

- Pregnancy
(ruled out as it is a rural reporting where rural ladies are more socially orthodox)

- Hormonal problems such as an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), diabetes, or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) [she may have and only a PM dome on her can establish such]

- Over-the-counter medications (we don’t know from the reporting)

- Overdose of high blood pressure drugs (we don’t know from the reporting)

- Heart failure (may been the case and may have happened may be due to sudden postural hypotension)

- Heart arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms) [may triggered]

- Widening, or dilation, of the blood vessels [may triggered]

- Heat exhaustion or heat stroke (ruled out as it is a winter clubbed with rural environs reporting where temp. is +- 7Degrees lower than concrete jungles means nearby urban centers)

- Liver disease (don’t know)

Also, if above are medical benchmarks I must acknowledge that sudden drops in blood pressure can be life-threatening.

Well, all the valid reasons may come out with her PM report (which I doubt, just bze in rural areas they cremate their deads without waiting for Police in such incidences, however this comment may not be taken as my only verdict) and what makes me furthermore really sad is that the place is closer to NCR Delhi and yet the dowry eradication programs of NCW and various Social Departments have still not reached the NCR regions leave aside other deep areas. The blame is to be given to Central and State Agencies who gets so much Central grants for forcefully launching Anti Dowry programs in interiors and it is felt that these agencies still need to do more.

I don't wish to comment on 7.7 L as I feel unless their is a mass social movement against it, this traditional customary practice may never be eradicated. Otherway to look is to tax all weddings from Block level to cosmo. cities based on plate system. I am confident this will happen before anything else gets pushed as each State needs ot generate revenue when Central coffers are almost now-a-days empty with all these multi cr scams.

2 Like

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     10 February 2011

Hurting.......

now why is anyone not talking about dowri prohibition act, it is also a weapon ain't it,

why is that the women gets educated automatically about 498 & DV sections but not about dowry act.... 

why cannot she use it before marriage... but still prefer to get into marriage and suffer and later seek payback.......

3 Like

@ Mallik

It seems you missed the main point from the media reporting and other authors takes on the same.

Instead of carrying forward traditional / customary venom into a vial why don't we the educated people open the vial to society and start with mass education and saying NO TO GIVING and TAKING DOWRY.

Automatically down line the very Re. Act / Section(s) will get repealed and or become defunct means unsuable as in todays scenario!

I will give you illustration in real life practice;

I do get invited to weddings in family and friends. Once I am inside the PLACE and I feel means beyond means of either side I just simply walk out. Unfortunately I am the oldest male in my family side and my presence is more important for them but I don’t stay instead a second and I give them the message and of friends circle I started making pigeon holes of those friends whose marriage I don't justify as in SPENT from either side. I keep such friends in different pigeon holes than other friends. Well it is my personal practice and may not match various readers wedding gate crash style but that is the way to show a silent protest to society.

2 Like

@ taj jee

My god! I dont believe it!

after seeing taj jee spending a good 25 mins on this thread,i was expecting to see a looong acidic, hitting response.

but ye kya?

you started and ended your lines with sympathy for the girl and evils of dowry system! am i dreaming?

oho! silent protests against dowry system! u never told us that u do this also..

aaj aapne lunch me kya khaya taj uncle,jo aapke baat karne ke dhang badal gaye??

anyways,thanks!

@ mallik

you are right.DPA shud apply.but it's not so easy...

parents still HAVE TO PAY DOWRY.becuase if they dont pay there's a possibility that the girl may be harassed after marriage for NOT getting any dowry.so either ways,it's risky.hence they pay dowry to avoid any future harassment

the onus to change this evil lies on boys alone,although you may dislike this statement.

if men openly advertise in newspaper matrimonial ads that they are looking for a girl who will have a dowryless marriage,then only girls will approach such boys without any fear of being harassed post marriage.

since boys dont say so openly,girls end up paying,as they dont know what lies in store 4 them,if they dont pay.

so here u need to understand emotions of girls+their parents....that they dont pay willingly

2 Like

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     10 February 2011

@ tajobsindia - thanks for sharing

@ Roshni - dowry may be one reason but not the only reason.....

talking about the original post...........

how important it is to get married... from the standpoint of parents, society & self..... 

is'nt  life which we know as is a better gift than an uncertain marriage....

2 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 February 2011

Enough is Enough of this mence of Dowry. imgine a scenario, a guy shower his Love to a girl and promised to marry her, and end up his promise with Dowry which the Girl"s parents could not afford it and he left her high and dry? Is this Love? I am sorry to say that Indin Mrriages is assuming to be commercil transction from harmoniously blending of sacramental and contract to that of pure of commercil.

4 Like

@ taj jee

My god! I dont believe it!
after seeing taj jee spending a good 25 mins on this thread,i was expecting to see a looong acidic, hitting response.
but ye kya?
you started and ended your lines with sympathy for the girl and evils of dowry system! am i dreaming?
oho! silent protests against dowry system! u never told us that u do this also..
aaj aapne lunch me kya khaya taj uncle,jo aapke baat karne ke dhang badal gaye??
anyways,thanks!

@ Roshni

1. I don’t always write here just to please YOUR senses !
2. I was busy shaving for my evening bird watching walks for 25 m. if that helps to quench your desperation to hear (some) comments from @ Tajobsindia on various postings here.
3. I donot have sympathy for girls or boys who give and take dowry and to see that you dig ONLY ONE similar media reporting from 1961 till date where any boy died the way this reporting showed today,  I will give you my other side of comments on such postings instantly. Now, 'may' U care to dig deeper newspapers microfilms from archives ?????
4. U r not my live-in or gf type to report to you what I did 1 minute back! I like all authors postings including yours and make appropriate comments as I feel and not bound by YOUR senses.
5. Bring some amount of substance to your postings as in “maturity level” instead of carrying forward ‘titillation’ sort of kick u crave for by such reportings or such postings. I am also a naughty person so beware next time u call me a ‘uncle’.  

PS.:

@ mallik

you are right.DPA shud apply.but it's not so easy...
parents still HAVE TO PAY DOWRY. becuase if they dont pay there's a possibility that the girl may be harassed after marriage for NOT getting any dowry.so either ways,it's risky.hence they pay dowry to avoid any future harassment
the onus to change this evil lies on boys alone,although you may dislike this statement.
if men openly advertise in newspaper matrimonial ads that they are looking for a girl who will have a dowryless marriage,then only girls will approach such boys without any fear of being harassed post marriage.
since boys dont say so openly,girls end up paying,as they dont know what lies in store 4 them,if they dont pay.
so here u need to understand emotions of girls+their parents....that they dont pay willingly

@ Roshni

1. What a lame ‘ignorant’ reply you have made to Mallik. It shows you have no ‘clue’ how the gifts from a father from traditional
India down memory lane became today 'SOWRY'  and or who coined the word ‘dowry’ dig lady to find the origin of atleast this word.
2. When you talk of ‘risky’ I say it is another ‘ignorant’ comment to Mallik on practice of giving cash and or kind to groom and his side of family by brides father and or by brides side. You seems to have good understanding how a empty Jonny Walker bottle consumed at reception evening gets included into List of Stridhan so it seems!!!!!
3. You simply made my evening when you vehemently stopped on words “emotions of ladies” as if all nature of men irrespective of ‘relationship’ are born minus this particular genotype?. I am just stopping on personal level with this deep remarks upon you. Now rest of the evening keep thinking what I mean under this para.
4. There are several boys (read men) who say and have said at one point of time NO DOWRY PLEASE. Make a (self) reality check, I have courage to come to this much personal level playing field to you under this para as I recollect sometime back you advised me not to make personal remarks to you publically.

Well, on poles apart note a evil custom needs to be totally discouraged as in abolished and not advertised to come to Manipur to get married.................. 

2 Like

(Guest)

Roshni B..

I got my answer.:P

Look first reply of by A professional person tajob

He explain all this as like he is a doctor ,now you also know what i have to talking for?

Tajobji accept kar lo ke aap doctor ho!;)

Originally posted by :Kushan Vyas
"
@ Roshni B..
I got my answer.
Look first reply of by A professional person tajob
He explain all this as like he is a doctor ,now you also know what i have to talking for?
Tajobji accept kar lo ke aap doctor ho!
"

@ Kushan,

The master of copy / paste web articles kindly note how naive you are full with certain 'womanly traits"
2. If I were you which i doubt I can ever want to be then it would not have taken me 8 sec. to Google out the particular medical article from which I copied few paras and made THAT first Re. post.
3. However YOU are obviously you so I leave readers to their imaginations (read as hallucinations which again is a trait found in womanly genes)
4. I will admit this much here that I miss Renuka Gupta today as in one of her posts she pointed to me my copy / paste of a legal article…….further I was under the impression till today that you being Adv. must be better than average IQ ‘general public’ …………
India talking……..jeyo merey advocate sahib……

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register