LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SBR - SBRAJ3 (Business)     09 February 2011

Changing lawyer

In a marriage annulment case, the petitioners lawyer is not responding aggressively at the court when the respondent's lawyer ask for more chances. the petition has been filed 3 years back and evidence stage has reached an year back. Is it advisable to change lawyer? If a petition is filed at the high court for speedy disposal, will it affect the judgement negatively?

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 February 2011

Legal Battle is based on knowledge and wits of the Counsel and aggresiveness or pounding tables like the Spartans fighting back the Persians have no place in the trial. it is better to talk over the matter with your counsel.

Ambika (NA)     09 February 2011

Assumiji, in a family court, such behaviour is not encouraged , as far as my obseravation goes. The family court Judges do not appreciate this thumping of tables and all that. Does thumping table and shouting by counsel really happen in a family court? Would like to know out of curiosity....

Ambika, not only family court but all the courts if i may say so, as the Advovates act is very clear on this score. The querist wants to know whether he should change his counsel only because his counsel did not act aggfressively? Should we say yes? Or should we advise him to appeal in the High Court? I dont think so.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh by the way SBR-SBRAJ3, keep thin in mind, a right soft spoken words at the right time is better and stronger than thousands of cannons pounding and thousands of gun fires.

1 Like

Anjali (IT)     09 February 2011

Hi SBR - SBRAJ3,

in the family court, you can request the judge directly instead of expecting your lawyer to speak...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register