Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     08 February 2011

Another sacrificing woman:Bahu donates liver to mother inlaw

Woman donates liver to mother-in-law

SIRSA: The saas-bahu relationship was redefined when a 35-year-old woman donated a part of her liver to her mother-in-law. After being operated upon by a team of medicos at the Apollo hospital in Delhi, Praveen Kumari and her mother-in-law Indira Khurana are recovering at their residence here.

"My mother-in-law is like a mother to me. It is my duty to help my family when they are in trouble. I have a son and a daughter. I do not want to set any wrong examples for them, especially when it comes to relationships," Praveen Kumari said.

Enquiries revealed that Indira Khurana, who is a principal in a government school, fell ill in 2006. She was rushed to Apollo Hospital in October last year, where she was diagnosed with damaged liver that required a transplant.

"We had tried our level best to arrange the donor from within the family. With the resources exhausted, Parveen offered her liver. Initially, my mother refused, fearing health problems that my wife might face. The doctor counselled her about donation and its zero implications on donor," said Harsh Khurana, Parveen's husband. The doctors conducted tests on Parveen before transplanting half of her liver to my mother. The two were operated on January 10 and discharged 10 days later.

A beaming Indira said, "Parveen is a perfect example while defining a word called daughter-in-law. She not only gave another generation to our family but saved my life at the time when all refused help."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Woman-donates-liver-to-mother-in-law/articleshow/7400352.cms

Learning

2 Replies

Swati .... (Legal )     08 February 2011

I bet  this can be rarest of the rare case..

Originally posted by :Roshni B..

"

Woman donates liver to mother-in-law

SIRSA: The saas-bahu relationship was redefined when a 35-year-old woman donated a part of her liver to her mother-in-law. After being operated upon by a team of medicos at the Apollo hospital in Delhi, Praveen Kumari and her mother-in-law Indira Khurana are recovering at their residence here.

"My mother-in-law is like a mother to me. It is my duty to help my family when they are in trouble. I have a son and a daughter. I do not want to set any wrong examples for them, especially when it comes to relationships," Praveen Kumari said.

Enquiries revealed that Indira Khurana, who is a principal in a government school, fell ill in 2006. She was rushed to Apollo Hospital in October last year, where she was diagnosed with damaged liver that required a transplant.

"We had tried our level best to arrange the donor from within the family. With the resources exhausted, Parveen offered her liver. Initially, my mother refused, fearing health problems that my wife might face. The doctor counselled her about donation and its zero implications on donor," said Harsh Khurana, Parveen's husband. The doctors conducted tests on Parveen before transplanting half of her liver to my mother. The two were operated on January 10 and discharged 10 days later.

A beaming Indira said, "Parveen is a perfect example while defining a word called daughter-in-law. She not only gave another generation to our family but saved my life at the time when all refused help."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Woman-donates-liver-to-mother-in-law/articleshow/7400352.cms

"
1 Like

Vishakha (Manager)     09 February 2011

Every one wish to have a DIL of sacrificial nature, and a lot of expectation from her.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register