Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu (Software Eng)     22 December 2010

New to Cyber Law Pls Help

Respected All,

I have completed my Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) this year in 2010 and working as a software developer in Bangalore. Recently, I started with Diploma in Cyber Law including International Cyber Crime Law from Govt. Law College, Mumbai, in Disance Mode.

I request to guide me in exploring the Cyber Law related opportunities, career growth and work nature.

By reading similar topics on this website i understand that for Practicing Cyber Crime cases in court one must have LLB degree, but what if someone do not have (as in my case), can i start my own consultancy where i can work independently ? Does it make any sense ?

I also came to know about MS in Cyber Law from IIIT, Allahbad, but my constraints are that i cant afford spending again 2 years into that. Also i cant shift form Bangalore to Allahbad.

A quick recap :

1. Only Diploma in Cyber Law makes any sense ? is it enough to start consultancy ? is it worth doing ? (i gues not .)

2. Doing MS in Cyber Law (as a regular) is not my option! can i start LLB (in evening time) or any other relevant MS Course in Law (in eve, or distance) which gives me eligibility to be a Lawyer in Cyber Law? If Yes, pls put light on some of the institutes.

3. After doing LLB/MS and diploma in Cyber Law, am i eligible to be a Lawyer ?

4. Any opportunites/career growth in IT Companies/Industry ?

Thanks for your valuable time
Looking forward for your valuable suggestions.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

cyber law can help you to know the latest developments and the offences, penalty and punishments in information technology.

Mere getting the diploma you cannot act as lawyer in any court.

For which you have to get a valid LLB decree from recognised university 

1 Like

Himanshu (Software Eng)     22 December 2010

Thanks Sir,

Thanks for your advice. Is there any course (Masters) in Law through which i can enter into this field, is it possible to attend courts in evening time ?

Thanks & Regards

Dhayalan 9894551170 (advocate)     28 December 2010

If you want to enter in the lawyer field. you must do UG degree in regular pattern.

prakash (student)     08 January 2011

Respected All,

i am final year llb student i want know  details about cyber crimes and how to enter this practice

(Guest)

Originally posted by :Himanshu
"
Respected All,

I have completed my Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) this year in 2010 and working as a software developer in Bangalore. Recently, I started with Diploma in Cyber Law including International Cyber Crime Law from Govt. Law College, Mumbai, in Disance Mode.

I request to guide me in exploring the Cyber Law related opportunities, career growth and work nature.

By reading similar topics on this website i understand that for Practicing Cyber Crime cases in court one must have LLB degree, but what if someone do not have (as in my case), can i start my own consultancy where i can work independently ? Does it make any sense ?

I also came to know about MS in Cyber Law from IIIT, Allahbad, but my constraints are that i cant afford spending again 2 years into that. Also i cant shift form Bangalore to Allahbad.

A quick recap :

1. Only Diploma in Cyber Law makes any sense ? is it enough to start consultancy ? is it worth doing ? (i gues not .)

2. Doing MS in Cyber Law (as a regular) is not my option! can i start LLB (in evening time) or any other relevant MS Course in Law (in eve, or distance) which gives me eligibility to be a Lawyer in Cyber Law? If Yes, pls put light on some of the institutes.

"

Dear Himanshu,

There is avery good scope as a Cyber Law Consultant, as well as in Police Departments, but the opportunity as a Cyber Law Advocate is still remote, as cyber law related crimes are very few in India, as compared to western countries. However, if you prefer to develop your career as a Cyber Law Advocate in USA, UK, Australia, or other Eropean countries, you would have ample opportunities there for that.

However, with Diploma, I don't think you can pracise, as a Cyber Law Advocate in any Court of Law. You may probably need a Degree in Law for practising as an advocate.

Needless to mention, there are plenty of Law colleges that provide regular LLB course through evening sessions. You may better try to take admission for LLB in some Evening Law College.

Of course after completing LLB (but not, as MS), you would be able  to practise as Advocate after getting registration with Bar Council Of India.

PS Dhingra

CEO cum Management & Vigilance Consultant

Dhingra Group of Consultants

New Delhi

1 Like

(Guest)

"

Thanks Sir,

Thanks for your advice. Is there any course (Masters) in Law through which i can enter into this field, is it possible to attend courts in evening time ?

"

Dear Himanshu,

LLM is the Masters Degree in Law, but eligibility for that course is th qualification of LLB. You cannot attend COURTS  in evening time, but of course there are some evening Law Colleges that conduct law courses in  evening.

PS Dhingra

New Delhi

Himanshu (Software Eng)     29 January 2011

Originally posted by :PS Dhingra
"

"

Respected All,

A quick recap :

"

Dear Himanshu,

There is avery good scope as a Cyber Law Consultant, as well as in Police Departments, but the opportunity as a Cyber Law Advocate is still remote, as cyber law related crimes are very few in India, as compared to western countries. However, if you prefer to develop your career as a Cyber Law Advocate in USA, UK, Australia, or other Eropean countries, you would have ample opportunities there for that.

However, with Diploma, I don't think you can pracise, as a Cyber Law Advocate in any Court of Law. You may probably need a Degree in Law for practising as an advocate.

Needless to mention, there are plenty of Law colleges that provide regular LLB course through evening sessions. You may better try to take admission for LLB in some Evening Law College.

Of course after completing LLB (but not, as MS), you would be able  to practise as Advocate after getting registration with Bar Council Of India.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

PS Dhingra

New Delhi
"

Respected Sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and time. I'll surely follow your valuable suggestions. Can you also provide me a little hint on how to find the openings in these departments (police, etc) so that i can apply.

Thanks & Regards,

Himanshu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register