LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh M Kumbhare (Engineer)     27 January 2011

Share in Fathers property of Daughters

Sir, I am Nilesh Kumbhare from nagpur, My grandfather died on 17th jan 2011 leaving behind his sold property fof  7Cr in the name of his 3 sons. But my grandfather having 4 daughters & one of them is my mother. My grandfather makes a will where it states that all the propertty is belong to their sons now. I want to know wheather their daughters can claim the share of the property sold. The property sold when he was alive & the property purchased by him only.

Learning

8 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     27 January 2011

No you cannot claim share since the property is self acquired by your grandfather and willed in favour of your 3 uncles.

1 Like

Thanx Sir for your prompt reply.

Sir, what if my daughter wants to claim the property share ??? Is she eligible ??

shrikant chede (law officer)     27 January 2011

yes,if you died intestate

Had your grandfather not willed his property, then you could have claimedthe property.

Originally posted by :Nilesh M Kumbhare
"
Sir, what if my daughter wants to claim the property share ??? Is she eligible ??
"

If you have a doubt that the will is created after your grandfather's death by your uncles then you can contest in court, however if the will is registered then there are feeble/no chances of contesting it.

Nilesh M Kumbhare (Engineer)     28 January 2011

No, He willed his property before death. What if he is not in a condition to make a will on his own?... I mean he was paralyzed 4-5 yrs back and the condition of him for making decision was not proper.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     28 January 2011

If the will was prepared in the state described by you then you have chances to file a suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register