Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishi Sharma (Self Proprietorship)     23 January 2011

Stamp Duty - Name Rectification

Hello Everyone,

I have purchased a stamp duty in delhi from Corporation bank for my new property registration. Now I would like to do the name rectificaiton in stamp duty for my wife's name from Shweta Sharma to Shweta Jain as the Home Loan is on the name of Shweta Jain. 

Please advise that is there a possibility for the bank to issue a rectification stamp paper again on the same number with name correction, if I request and also change it online or I have to purchase a fresh stamp duty again. Please note I have not done the registration and sale deed of the property yet - have just purchased the stamp duty yesterday only.

Please reply fast.

Regards
Rishi Sharma

Learning

2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 January 2011

Just file an Affidavit before the Branch Manager, sworn before Notary Public, stating that Shweta Sharma and Shweta Jain are the same person. No need to go for fresh stamp paper

1 Like

Rishi Sharma (Self Proprietorship)     23 January 2011

thank you Assumi....please clarify one more thing that if the name is Shweta Sharma in the stamp paper and shweta jain in the sale deed with an affidavit.....wont the registrar ask for a govt ID of Shweta Sharma..My wife does not have a govt ID of her name after marriage. thats why I wanted to do the name changing in stamp paper. Kindly advise.

Also are you aware of any such rectification case of stamp paper by the bank if the mistake is from the bank's end.

Kindly advise.

Rishi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register