LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subramaniam (NA)     13 January 2011

Live in when divorce in progess

I received my divorce after 5 years  from family court  and my x wife has now  filed for appeal in high court which is still in progress . I want to live in with my lover and start a new life (she is a divorcee , shes got her divorce ) . Please let me know if there is any trouble my x wife can cause to us by doing so . What are the precautions we need to take .

Learning

20 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 January 2011

Appeal is pending till the disposal of an appeal you cannot marry.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     13 January 2011

is there any interim order?

we want to live together not marry

Parth Chandra (none)     13 January 2011

Go Ahead & just do it if you are sure that you don't want your wife back and that your new love would not create any issue in future.

theres no intrim order , there is applea filed against the family court order ..and the hearing is going n

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     13 January 2011

YES YOU MAY GO AHEAD,

BUT PLEASE DO NOT SOLEMNIZE THE MARRIAGE.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     13 January 2011

arup ji is legally correct.

phaneendra (Advocate)     14 January 2011

you may live together as live in relationship but dont marry her until u get proper divorce ie till your wife appeal comes to an end. And also try to avoid giving birth to children out of such relation.....

Subramaniam (NA)     15 January 2011

is live in relation ship valid in this case as i m a married man legally even though the divorce is in progress

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     15 January 2011

U CAN DO IT, it is not a criminal  offense under IPC but if her appeal suceeds , this can be added as adultery for getting divorce from u, nothing else. for details discuss all facts of ur case  with expert lawyer in person.

Pankaj Sharma (Legal Associate)     15 January 2011

I agree with Ms. Avinash Kaur, U can do it however solemnisation of marriage at this stage is to do an offence because appeal is still pending int court. And, U can live in with ur lover but thattttt can be taken as ground of adultery if appelant succeed in the appeal in future.

phaneendra (Advocate)     15 January 2011

how can such realtions is added as adultry can any one expalin it  ...................?

Hari Prasad (service)     19 January 2011

he has already lost 5 years,another few year by the time HC judgement comes,then his wife will go to SC,by that time he would have lost his time age, BIG MISTAKE OF MARRYING....TATS THE RESON ONE SHOULD GO FOR LIVIN RELATIONSHIP  to avoid such harrasment

What if the HC gives judgement in wife favour, when he is not willing to take her back.

Can he leave her GF then?and betray her who had been supportive (I presume) during his day days

Hari Prasad (service)     19 January 2011

What is the guarantee that the wife after joing dont blackmail him and file 498A and harass him again can After 5 years of breakup one can live underone roof peacefully, will they have same respect and love for one another.

Can there be a justics in this country for such cases where judicial is gender biased , moves at snails speed and can be manupulated at every level.Now a days 498A has become a means for easy money for women , and lawyers have their % fixed om maintenance and alimony amount. What is wife going to lose,A husband is a biger losser.Where is equality of gender

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register