Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenivas V (S/W)     18 December 2010

498A expedite trial

Dear Members

In 2008 a false 498A was filed against me and my parents. We got bail and the case is going on without the trail starting, reason being the girl side are escaping to come to trail on one pretext or other. So as we want the trail to start we went to high court. The high court after going through our case gave the following direction which I am giving below the final summary statement only here.

Accordingly, the criminal petition is disposed of directing the learned Magistrate to commence trial in C.C.No.xxx of 2008 and complete the same within a period of six (6) months from the date of receipt of a copy of this order and dispose of the case at the earliest.

But the judge in lower court still not starting the trial, not asking the girls party to give the statement in court. he is simply postponing the case, like adjourning everytime to a month time. Already 3 months gone since we got this direction and submitted this in lower court.

My question here is can judge overrule this order and can still delay the trial or he has to complete it in 6 months time only.

If he still keeps delaying the case like this what we need to do.

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     18 December 2010

After just 6 months ---approach H.C inform the steps taken by the MM and pray for the quash.

1 Like

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     18 December 2010

After just 6 months ---approach H.C inform the steps taken by the MM and pray for the quash.

(Guest)

yes its correct

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register