LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir Babu (Engineer)     09 December 2010

Urgent Required Help

i and my sister are two children for our parents.my sister got married and his husband was a big gambler who plays horse races,playing ards, etc.our parents were govt employs and my father is having own house.to get property and all benifits and house of them on my name what shall i do .

Learning

10 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     09 December 2010

what type of information  you want mr. babu

A V Vishal (Advocate)     09 December 2010

If it is self acquired properties of your father/mother, they can execute a will in your favour or jointly with your mother/sister. Further all benefits received by them in service/post retirement can be willed to you.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 December 2010

You mean you want to get the property and other benefits of your father.  Property being the self acquired of your father he can dispose according to her will and wish.  He may execute a will or he can gift you that property regarding other benefits he can make will in your name.

1 Like

(Guest)

better make a gift deed from your father

1 Like

VIJAY MONGA (ADVOCATE)     09 December 2010

I am agreed with my friends Mr. Rajiv and Mr. Ganesan. I would be better to get a Gift deed from your father in respect of his property if was to get the same during his life time.

1 Like

Abhishek Marvi (ADVOCATE)     09 December 2010

better option is your father execute gift deed in your favour,

because if become will than you should required take probate from court,

1 Like

my problem is money should be secured and it shouldn't be wasted as i mentioned my sisters husband was a gambler i wanted to keep the key of my parents properties and retirement benifits in my hand in future. 

i also want to know the act about the self earned property of my father and mother whether it comes to son alone or it goes to daughter and son equally and on what way the parents property divided to 2 children a boy and a girl as in my case (as my parents earn 80000 rupees per month and my father having 8+ years service and mother having 10+ years service and also about there retirement benifits)

Sudhir Babu (Engineer)     10 December 2010

my problem is money should be secured and it shouldn't be wasted as i mentioned my sisters husband was a gambler i wanted to keep the key of my parents properties and retirement benifits in my hand in future. 

C Ramasami (B.Sc.,M.A.,B.L.)     10 December 2010

Dear Sir, If the property is selfacquired for your father he is having ample power to execute any deed as per his wishes.  At this moment considering your sister"s husband status he may execute a deed for conditional gift related to your sister"s fututure benefit and that too on the basis of the valuation of the property in dispute also.  At the same time your position  related to the property is also to be protected by way of obtainment of deed in fovour of yourself and caretaker for your sister also/  Thanking you   by c ramasami dgl

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register