Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akhil raj singh (Er)     28 November 2010

Complaint in Women Police Station

Dear Learned Members

Intro: I am the only child of my parents and I hope, I am also going to be a victim of Dracula named 498a. I am married for 2 yrs. My wife has stayed with me in total of 2 months (that also in piece-meals). We are not living together for 1.5 yrs. She is continuing her job at her parents place. In spite of my all efforts to get a job for her at my place, she never  responded and never came back. I also have 1.3 yrs old sweet daughter.  I tried, through a mediator from our society, for reconciliation but there she started telling lies and we were not able to reach at any result.

Problem: Now she had filed a false complaint at Women Police Station.They called me there.

Day 1@ Women Police Station(WPS): My wife told lies to the height of Mount Everest and requested Lady Inspector to jail me and my parents (my parents are also engulfed in the complaint). but the Police Inspector gave us another date.

Day 2@ WPS: New drama took place, my wife and her parents wanted to reconcile. I agreed to that. We, me and my wife, signed the Compromise Letter. Even she was going to close the complaint by signing the other relevant document. Her father came inside, interfered  and asked for another date. Even my wife told him that she had discussed everything with me and everything is all right. But her father told her that she knew nothing and they need another date. So, the police gave another date which is on 6th Dec 2010. I told my in-laws and to the police, that I would not come again since, the compromise letter had already been signed bu both parties and the closure of complaint was not allowed by her father, even though my wife was agree to close the complaint. This shows the direct interference of her father in my and my wife's life. I  didn't signed the document where next date of meeting was written. 

My Query:

1. Do I need to go there i.e. Police Station , as I have already signed the required documents. Even Police men also were sympathetic to me and they also noticed the bad behaviour of her father. 

2. If I don't go to Police station, can I be called as Ex-Parte.

3. Can the compromise documents signed by me and my wife that day, still be considered as valid or they can tear and throw them. I don't have the copy of the signed documents with me. 

4. Is it the right of her father to interfere during the closure of complaint. Since the complaint was lodged by my wife. What does it reflect.?

5. Can I file a complaint against her father for not letting me and my wife settle even we have a very sweet and cute daughter.

Please do reply as soon as possible, since the date i.e. 6th Dec, 2010 is nearing.

Puneet

Learning

11 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 November 2010

the closure of complaint was not allowed by her father

- HER FATHER NOT THE PARTY.

Even Police men also were sympathetic to me and they also noticed the bad behaviour of her father. 

- UNDER THIS SITUATION, DO ACCORDING TO YOUR SYMPATHAISER, IT WILL HELP YOU IN LONG RUN.

can I be called as Ex-Parte

- YES

I don't have the copy of the signed documents with me. 

- GREAT BLUNDER. TRY TO COLLECT THE COPY. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE COPY, OPENANT TAKES THIS ADVANTAGE. IF COPY OF IT AVAILABLE AT POLICE STATION PL COLLECT IT.

Is it the right of her father to interfere during the closure of complaint. Since the complaint was lodged by my wife. What does it reflect.?

FATHER OFFICIALLY NOT DONE IT. HE USED HIS DAUGHTER'S POWER.

Can I file a complaint against her father for not letting me and my wife

NO USE TILL YOUR WIFE SUPPORTS YOU. TRY TO CATCH HER' HEART.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 November 2010

THINK FOR RCR IF RECONCILIATION FAILED.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     28 November 2010

agree , try to get copy of  compromise by any means. these facts like she did on her fathers behest will not stand in a court of law.

1 Like

Is there any legal way to get that copy on this date? 

can I ask the Police Station Personnel to give me the copy through legal way.

Vishwa (translator)     28 November 2010

You can file and RTI application. BEst of luck.

1 Like

@Vishwa

I feel we can get the same through RTI after the closure of the complaint. Can we get the document in between the talks since the complaint is not yet closed?

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     29 November 2010

in india u kno legal means hardly work , everything demands vitamin R, MORE so if police is involved then it works 100%

1 Like

Kumar (Management)     29 November 2010

Hepl yourself and help others to protest againest the devil act and send memo

Petition praying for amendments in Section 498A of IPC.

By : Legal Fighter on 28 November 2010 Print this

Petition praying for amendments in Section 498A of IPC.

The Committee on Petitions of the Rajya Sabha, under the Chairmanship of Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Member, Rajya Sabha, is considering a petition praying for amendments in Section 498A of Indian Penal Code, 1860. The petitioner in his petition has pointed out the extensive abuse and misuse of this provision of the Penal Code. According to the petitioner, the abused population undergoes tremendous harassment and torture. As these provisions of the penal code presently go, a complaint without much authenticity or any weight of evidence is enough to arrest the husband or the in-laws or anyone else named in the complaint, irrespective of whether any crime has taken place or not. The petitioner, accordingly, has prayed for suitable modification in section 498A of Penal Code so as to check its abuse and protect the interest of innocent persons.

2. The petition is available on the Rajya Sabha's website (www.rajyasabha.nic.in) under the link: Committees Standing Committees Committee on Petitions Petitions with the Committee.

3. The Committee has decided to undertake consultations with a wide cross-section of the society and invites written memoranda thereon. Those desirous of submitting memoranda to the Committee may send two copies (each in English and Hindi) thereof to Shri Rakesh Naithani, Joint Director, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi – 110 001 (Tel: 011-23035433(O), 23794328 (Telefax) and E-mail: rsc2pet@sansad.nic.in) latest by 30th December, 2010.

4. Comments/suggestions, etc. submitted to the Committee would form part of its record and would be treated as confidential. Any violation in this regard may attract breach of privilege of the Committee.

5. Those who are willing to appear before the Committee besides submitting written comments/suggestions may indicate so. However, the Committee’s decision in this regard shall be final.

Source : Rajya Sabha Web-site, https://164.100.47.5/newcommittee/Petitions/Committee%20on%20Petitions/498%20IPC%20English.pdf

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     29 November 2010

Lokh raj Chammar Ji, 

Please stop making personal comments on people and their views. You seem to be understanding English very well but prefer to write in Hindi--but that's Ok for those who understand the language. 

By the way, how do you know that Mr. Vishwa was kicked out of Paris? Do not make such derogatory assumptions unless you are very sure. 

Hope you will stop making personal comments and contribute your wisdom --whether bookish or practical in a constructive way.

Many thanks 

RG

Akhil raj singh (Er)     07 December 2010

Dear Members 

I have requested the respected Lady Police Inspector handling my case to postpone the third meeting till 15th Dec 2010. Please add more suggestions.

Each suggestion will highly thanked.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register