Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     25 November 2010

To Admin: Please set it right

Dear Admin

I am writing this in open forum because I failed to reach PM to you, may be due to some technical snag..for past 2 months or even more. For past 2-3 moths, my messages are accepted after every one hour with the result that I can't immediately correct some mistakes that may have crept in the first posting, or reply to some messages in reply to my message. No one really would have  time to wait for an hour and then post the message. 

I am very sure it is some technical snag and admin team would have overlooked it due to their busy schedules. I am now pointing it out so that it can be set right. No grudges even if it is not set right, only when I have time and want to participate, I will not be able to do it due to this huge time gap between one message and another. 

Many thanks in advance...

Renuka Gupta

Learning

14 Replies

(Guest)

i know the problem why this happen to you.

There are many reason ;

LCI server problem

or

Renuka ,your internet service provider problem

Or

Your PC settings problems like virus or clutter  something like that.

I suggest you the following steps;

first of all clean your temporary files in internet explorer or mozilla browser,For that download CCleaner.

Run CCleaner analyse and run cleaner

Thereafter click registry and scan for registry issue and fix that issue .

Defrag your harddrive using windows defrag or download free programe called Auslogics Disk Defrag.

Scan your Pc with good antivirus .i currently use Kaspersky its a good antivirus.

Use another browser like chrome or mozilla or internet explorer new version 8 or 9(9 ver.only support vista and 7),or opera browser.

If all this tips not work then phone me so that i can talk with you and give advise in a better way..

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     25 November 2010

No Adv. Kushan, this is not a Techniical problem.

it is a worst type of restriction imposed by the Admin. Instead of that They should delete or remove the account of the person/member, if they do not like them to continue.

Renukaji has nowhere posted anything hurting or derogatory. So this restriction must be lifted with immediate effect or we will be deprived of her genius and great thoughts and postings.

Hon. Admin Plz look at this immediately.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 November 2010

YES IT WAS THERE.

BUT AFTER SOMEDAYS THAT SYSTEM REMOVED..

NOW YOU NEED NOT TO WAIT FOR AN HOUR.

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     25 November 2010

"LCI server problem"

This is not a server problem, this is probably problem created by admin in order to the keep page ranking of LCI  high in Search Engine results by keeping non legal content in "control", on individual accounts otherwise everybody would be facing the same problem.

"your internet service provider problem"

Niether is this ISP problem. Even if the ISP is running a Cache Server, how does a Cache Server know that it has to dish out a "flood control" webpage in response to http response of your browser unless the browser is making a http request for the  " flodd control" page? My ISP is BSNL and it does not have Cache Server, I have ensured that temp files are absent in my browser(Firefox), ensured OS is slim and trim, in top shape, fully hardened, no virus, spyware etc., I am also recieving this message.

Run CCleaner analyse and run cleaner. Thereafter click registry and scan for registry issue and fix that issue .

No harm in doing this, at the most it will make the system a little light. Moreover useless programs running at startup can be disabled or simply removed either from CCleaner or msconfig.

Defrag your harddrive using windows defrag or download free programe called Auslogics Disk Defrag.

It is certainly going to speed up the hard disk data read/write time but will not solve the problem of getting "flood control" page. I find MyDefrag(https://www.mydefrag.com/ ) better than Auslogic Disk Defrag.

Scan your Pc with good antivirus .i currently use Kaspersky its a good antivirus. Use another browser like chrome or mozilla or internet explorer new version 8 or 9(9 ver.only support vista and 7),or opera browser.

It is always good to scan your PC and use some anti virus unless you know how to harden your PC(especially Windows) in order to make it virus/hack resisitant. In my opinion Firefox is better than Google Chrome because Google Chrome does not install itself in directory named "Program Files" in Windows but installs itself in the home directory of the user logged in. Because of this if the user level permissions are compromised by any virus/spyware, it will even get privileges to make changes to the files of browser.

Yes I agree there is a work around to this problem, but if workaround is discussed here, the digestive system of some people is surely bound to fail.

1 Like

Vishwa (translator)     26 November 2010

I do hope sincerely that Renukaji will sort out these problems, especially with the excellent inputs provided by friends above. I would like to add that in my quarter century of Internet usage, this is one of the most tolerant communities with great tolerance for self-criticism. Keep up the good work, dear Administrator!

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     26 November 2010

Please read my post Mr. Vishwa. I did not comment on the wisdom of or sat in judgement over admin. I just pointed out a problem which only admin can set right and not the excellent advice given by the above friends, though I am thankful to them for the time they spent on this thread.  

I am closing this chapter, it does not matter much to me if admin sets this problem right or not. I did not bring it to the open forum for last couple of months for the simple reason because I did not give it any importance. I brought it out yesterday, just because I thought it would be convenient for me if it is set right. 

How does it matter if someone's posting is on the forum or not. I am just a tiny speck on this planet earth. 

Cheers to all

Vishwa (translator)     26 November 2010

Dear Ms Renukaji, Please do not take umbrage, I really meant well and would like you to have unhindered participation in this forum. As a technical man, I am aware that it is not an easy job to moderate a forum with such a large traffic and glitches may occur easily and it is remarkable things are running so smoothly. Rest assured that you are not being singled out for any discrimination. You are a tiny speck perhaps but no doubt a very important speck.

Vishwa

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     26 November 2010

your ego is great Gupta madam, when you have vision of PLANET why bother for tyny speck by even commenting on it.o elephants comment on flies if we accept your views about this otherwise excellant site.Subscribe emails

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     26 November 2010

Certainly the way you think and I think differ Mr. Shashi Kumar ji about what reflects big ego and what does not. 

I am not able to make sense of your comment, nor do I think it is worth the effort. 

(Guest)

@Renuka Gupta

I am just a tiny speck on this planet earth.

Yes,renuka madam ,your  nature is down to earth,soft and you are a  nobel woman.

We all are a tiny speck on this planet earth.:P

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     26 November 2010

Exactly Renukaji is down to earth, genuine and nobel member of LCI.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Vishwa
"
I do hope sincerely that Renukaji will sort out these problems, especially with the excellent inputs provided by friends above. I would like to add that in my quarter century of Internet usage, this is one of the most tolerant communities with great tolerance for self-criticism. Keep up the good work, dear Administrator!

"

You are right mr. Vishwa.

Persons like you are being tolerated in serious legal, constitutional and cultural discussions. This prooves high level of tolerance of members of this site.

kindly keep giving your comments in non legal and non cultural issues!

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     30 January 2011

Thumbs down to ram sewak

i agree with ashutosh that restrictions are imposed by the admin,as i am also facing the same for almost 15 days now and have written to the admin thrice,but to no avail

this is due to their partiality towards  certain members whom they do not want to post much in forums...

anyways i have stopped caring towards this bias now.

have a good day to all members!!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 February 2011

ms roshni,

it is an universal setting, when it imposed - everyone effected not you alone.

i personally faced it several times, tried to contact admin, but no use. i observed that it set right sometimes after.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register