LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Briju Patel (HR)     25 November 2010

Do Nepalese Need a workpermit to work in India

Do a Nepalese need an offical work permit or work visa to work in India. Is he entilted for the various Employee Benefits as applicable to any Indian.

Learning

16 Replies

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     25 November 2010

no. They do not require any such work permit or visa. To the best of my knowledge there exist a treaty between India and Nepal in this regard

1 Like

Pathikrit Naha (DGM - HR & ADMIN)     26 November 2010

Yes Mr Tripathy is correct.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     21 April 2011

Indians and Nepalese do not need Passport,Visa or work permit to reside or work on mutual understanding between the two countries.You can see many Gurkhas employed as Security Guards, watchmen,militarymen etc though Indian in general may not be employed in Nepal as it is a land locked country and having not much scope to absorb them.Regards.

Vinodjee (Manager)     22 May 2011

Any Indian citizen (or for that matter Nepalese) can work, own a property or a company, open a bank account, and legally stay for unlimited time in Nepal (or in India if it is for Nepalese citizen). The pact has been signed in the 1950 treaty between these two countries. As Mr. Dhussia pointed out in his response that a lot of Nepalese citizen has been working in India in various sectors, a similar situation can be seen in bordering cities of Nepal and in the capital city where a lot of Indian are working in Garments, Manufacturing and other equipement industry. The capital city of Kathmandu thanks mainly  to its proximity to Indian States of UP, Bihar and Bengal has become a promising city for the people living in these areas to further their study in engineering, medicine, management etc it provides good educational environment in low investment compared to other metropole cities of India mainly Bangalore and Delhi.

A lot of Indians are found in working in the sector of construction, wholesale and retail trrading of gods and in restaurants. According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-resident_Indian_and_Person_of_Indian_Origin , Nepal is the country having the largest Indian diaspora with more than 4 million Indian origin people or citizen living in their country. Similarly, India happens to be the country with largest Nepalese diaspora.  

The similarites in culture, religion (Nepal being the only hindu kingdom of the world) , language and geographical proximity have all played role in this mass movement of people from one country to another. Open border and free movement are all the things that have come out of this cohabitation since hundreds of years, long before the colony period.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 November 2011

They can even join Govt service with no restricted of promotion upto highest rank.

Binod Kumar Yadav (student)     28 March 2013

dear sir/mam, i got one problem. the problem is that can nepalease people wor in india in nursing field(in hospital) at bangalore.they have passed GNM from nepal(kathmandu) they want to work in bangalore it is possible or not sir/mam? if it is possible then what is the requirement  to collect from nepal as wel as india or bangalore.can nepalease citizen abale to give karanataka nursing councile exam. if they able to give then what is the document required. please provide solution about such problem and send me in my email adress.

thanking you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2013

answer is already there

Arvind Karna (student)     14 August 2013

Dear Sir,

I am a student of NIT warangal, andhra pradesh, india.

I am from nepal. Till last year, our seniors were allowed for placement but from this year they are planning to ban placement in our college. Can we do something legally? Please kindly respond as soon as possible.. 

Arvind Karna (student)     14 August 2013

Dear Sir,

I am a student of NIT warangal, andhra pradesh, india.

I am from nepal. Till last year, our seniors were allowed for placement but from this year they are planning to ban placement in our college. Can we do something legally? Please kindly respond as soon as possible.. 

Dhiraj karn (ufuidf)     31 August 2013

nepalese citizen who studied b.tech in india can do jobs in PWD or PSU?

R k (customer support technician)     30 August 2014

i want to apply for passport from india since i have been staying here from 2005 completed my study from 6th standard till graduation in mumbai But i was born in nepal. so it is possible for me to apply for passport ?

Please sir reply ASAP....

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2014

Originally posted by : R k

i want to apply for passport from india since i have been staying here from 2005 completed my study from 6th standard till graduation in mumbai But i was born in nepal. so it is possible for me to apply for passport ?

Please sir reply ASAP....

Nepali national can work in India, enter without visa live here, serve Govt service and rise upto any rank.  He cannot be called Indian National and holding Indian Passport will be a crime.

SHISIF POKHREL (Student)     03 November 2014

Dear Sir, Are any company in India which dont have any legal policy to hire non-Indian citizen eligible to hire Nepali citizen. I completed my Interview in Hyundai Motors but I am being delayed because the company does not have any legal policy to hire non-Indian Citizen. I hope for your response. Thankyou. Shisif Pokhrel ceasif.pok@gmail.com

Rakesh Kashyap   24 May 2017

Sir, I have done my graduation (b.tech) from Andra Pradesh(India). I have been in india for last 6 years now. Do i nee any visa or work permit to work in MNCs in india?

Kindly suggest me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register