LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 November 2010

poll on Spectrum scam

There is an interesting poll going on LCI – “Who should probe the 2 G Spectrum scam?”  Please take part in it. Thanks.

Learning

15 Replies

(Guest)

o.k

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     21 November 2010

In poll there is Public Affairs Committee and Joint Parliamentary Committee. Can anyone tell the difference between the two before I participate in poll.
1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 November 2010

Joint Parliamentary Committee - it is a commitee formed by the parliament, among their mps, proportionately there seats. it is the highest powerful commitee, formed under constitution.

1 Like

SOURCE

https://164.100.47.132/LssNew/abstract/committee_on_public_accounts.htm

COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC ACCOUNTS

* Composition

The Public Accounts Committee consists of fifteen members elected by Lok Sabha every year from amongst its members.

Seven members of Rajya Sabha elected by that House are associated with the Committee. This system of election ensures that each Party/Group is represented on the Committee in proportion to its respective strength in the two Houses.

* Ministers not called before Committee

A Minister is not called before the Committee either to give evidence or for consultation in connection with the examination of Accounts by the Committee.

* THIS IS THE MAIN REASON OF OBJECTION BECAUSE MINISTERS ARE INVOLVED IN THIS CASE.

[The constitution and working of the Public Accounts Committee is governed by Rules 253 to 286 and 308 to 309 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha and Directions 48 to 73, 96A, 97, 97A, 99 and 100 of the Directions by the Speaker, Lok Sabha.]

1 Like

The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) comprises of a group of members from the Parliament drawn from various political parties to take up the task of study, investigation or conduct an inquiry and submit its report to the Parliament and/or the Government to take action.

It is more powerful than PAC, that’s why govt. always try to avoid PAC and opposition demands PAC. This forms under Article 118 (1) of the Constitution.

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     22 November 2010

Thanks for enlightening me on this subject. I have given the poll.
1 Like

(Guest)

Where is this poll? please give link.

mr democratic union, i know, if i am not wrong - you are doctorate.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     23 November 2010

"mr democratic union, i know, if i am not wrong - you are doctorate."

Sir Thank you for your comments, I am just an oridinary post graduate citizen like anybody else, BUT before giving my vote I thought it important to understand all the facts before giving my vote. I was able to ascertain that voting for CBI is useless, next useless option would be Supreme Court since it would have to depend on the findings done by CBI.(we all know what CBI did in Bofors and similar cases.). The options before me were to decide between PAC and JPC. So that facts/investigations come out in public domain, which can be obtained under RTI and placed before court. Once you confirmed the importance of PAC, I gave my vote to PAC. But when I saw the results of vote it appears shocking to me.

Public Affairs Committee 10 %
Joint Parliamentary Committee 27 %
Central Bureau of Investigation 18 %
Supreme Court 45 %
Total Votes Cast  100

1) PAC is getting least votes 10% votes: Worst thing to know because more votes were given to CBI, probably 90% gave votes together to CBI, JPC & Supreme Court without understanding.

2) CBI is getting 2nd least 18% votes : It is nor good nor bad but somewhat acceptable.

3) JPC is getting 27% votes: nor good nor bad

4) Supreme Court got 45% votes: nor good nor bad

So our Supreme Court is winning in this poll, who will depend on CBI and produce results like in Bofors case etc. Really wonderful working of our Democracy! This is the decision of our sample electorate.

From the above we can get some idea how people of our country vote in State and National elections and choose their canditates. It is correctly said that in a democracy they get what they deserve!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 November 2010

" Thank you for your comments"

- it is not m comment. i heared it from some one.

not pac but jpc - i vote.

it is an association of lawyers and law lovers.

therefore sc is first, i think so.

but considering all points, jpc is strongest option.

actually before poll people should discuss the matter on threads.

" It is correctly said that in a democracy they get what they deserve!"

it should be but not happened all times in democracy.

(Guest)

Thank you Arup ji for providing me link. I have voted for JPC.  Naturally here SC will have highest vote as it is the site of Lawyers.  We should not forget that the parliament has highest importance than other two, executive and judiciary.  Parliament is the place of people of India and both other are their servants. And I never like to give rule in the hands of servants as it is a fact that our public servants have no direct control of the people and became dictators due to lacuna of accountability & responsibility and hence they are most influenced.

BHAY BIN PREET NAA HOT and executives & judicials have no fear of people whereas the legislatures are directly controlled /elected and also defeated by the people so somehow they remains answerable to people.  Hence I think JPC work more responsible.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register