Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

selfstudyinglawstudent (law student)     14 November 2010

unjust maintainance amount

the wife is separated from the husband.

husband is earning 2lakh rupees per month.

the girl files for maintanance and gets only 20thousand rupees.

she has no house to stay. rent, living supporting issues etc costs about 40thousand rupees a month

what should she do?

thanks in advance

Learning

17 Replies

R.kumar.bangalore (executive)     14 November 2010

she need to provide the details of income and her expenses, then only the court will increase the compensation amount.

selfstudyinglawstudent (law student)     14 November 2010

sir, the order has already been passed.

how can the wife increase the maintenance amount?

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 November 2010

If she wants to challenge the order she will have to file an appeal before the sessions court

Nyaayapriya (Advocate for justice)     15 November 2010

Respected Advocate Sirs,

Will you please let me know whether the husband (THE PAYMASTER) has any right to seek the details of his estranged wife for whom he has shed huge amount as maintanance?

If yes, how?

If now, why?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     18 November 2010

@nyayapriya jee

i put up 13 questions for you to answer in "Do matrimonial laws really favor women" which u r ignoring for the past 2-3 days...wud appreciate your reply there alongwith your researches which say that  women are v. v. v. v. lucky in litigation matters in india.

1 Like

(Guest)

Maintenance is unjust and should be repealed. More I think about the maintenance, more it becomes clear that it a social malaise.

1. Why men has to pay maintenance –Woman, while being married, contributes by doing household work and thereby paying for her expenses incurred by man in form of service. After divorce/seperation service stops coming from woman and why the payment should continue from men?

1. So much for equality – All females – even animals earn their livings – be it small ants or be it big matriarch elephant – but this does not apply to human beings. I have heard so much about self-respect, self-reliance & women being equal to men in facet of life and sometimes exceeding their counterparts. I am all for it – Indian society will be better one if we get a true equality. But where is the self-respect and self-reliance when most of the women in divorce proceedings demand maintenance? Even when they are working!!!

1. Wrong entitlement – Arguments that it is entitlement for women don’t impress me much. While maintenance may be rule now, it does not mean that it is right.

1. Hiding behind disguise of rural woman – Arguments are forwarded saying that maintenance is required for protection of women in rural India. Women from villages seldom use this law – most of the women invoking this provision are urban dwellers. Most of the urban women are well educated – if they can’t earn their livings even after being so much educated – then what is the use of that education?

1.  Getting maintenance becomes profession – How many examples we need to show that getting maintenance has become profession – where your salary goes up with your spouse earnings!!! You don’t need to do anything – your paycheck will increase with time.

1. Arbitrary linkage with earning capacity of male – What a crap. Earning capacity of male is a reflection of skills of male and why it should be reflected in the amount to be given as maintenance. Maintenance amount should be not more than what is needed, if at all, for food and clothing.

2 Like

selfstudyinglawstudent (law student)     19 November 2010

maintenance is not given to the wife by the husband freely.

it is given because the law of the land dictates it.

so your theories are not going to work here

1 Like

(Guest)

Yes it is law of land -- but then not all agrees with law of land.

Some 90 years back Gandhi did not agree with law of land and he fought it for 30-40 years to get it corrected.

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     19 November 2010

Originally posted by :Avinash
"
Maintenance is unjust and should be repealed. More I think about the maintenance, more it becomes clear that it a social malaise.

Why men has to pay maintenance –Woman, while being married, contributes by doing household work and thereby paying for her expenses incurred by man in form of service. After divorce/seperation service stops coming from woman and why the payment should continue from men?

So much for equality – All females – even animals earn their livings – be it small ants or be it big matriarch elephant – but this does not apply to human beings. I have heard so much about self-respect, self-reliance & women being equal to men in facet of life and sometimes exceeding their counterparts. I am all for it – Indian society will be better one if we get a true equality. But where is the self-respect and self-reliance when most of the women in divorce proceedings demand maintenance? Even when they are working!!!

Wrong entitlement – Arguments that it is entitlement for women don’t impress me much. While maintenance may be rule now, it does not mean that it is right.

Hiding behind disguise of rural woman – Arguments are forwarded saying that maintenance is required for protection of women in rural India. Women from villages seldom use this law – most of the women invoking this provision are urban dwellers. Most of the urban women are well educated – if they can’t earn their livings even after being so much educated – then what is the use of that education?

Getting maintenance becomes profession – How many examples we need to show that getting maintenance has become profession – where your salary goes up with your spouse earnings!!! You don’t need to do anything – your paycheck will increase with time.

Arbitrary linkage with earning capacity of male – What a crap. Earning capacity of male is a reflection of skills of male and why it should be reflected in the amount to be given as maintenance. Maintenance amount should be not more than what is needed, if at all, for food and clothing.

"

then why do men like you beg for dowry?

men are also able bodied...isn't?

i have never heard of male animals/insects like cockroach,elephant,tiger,dog,etc taking food from their mate's parent.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 November 2010

" beg for dowry?"

dowry not begged.

it demanded.

actually it is an auction for a deserving male.

where females are in such deserving position, they get bride price.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 November 2010

hellow s s l s,

go to higher authority of that maintenance court -  if feel 'unjust' with you.

2 Like

(Guest)

If dowry is justification for demanding maitenance. Then lets make both illegal.

OH  wait ... Giving and taking dowry is already illegal ...... 

What is your next point  maitenance supporters.!!!!!!!!

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     19 November 2010

@ avinash

if dowry is illegal,why do u guys still do such illegal things?

regarding maintenance,if u feel it's illegal,plz go ahead and file PIL in court to get it banned

lets c wot happens!

(Guest)

So do we agree that maintenance is undesirable?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register