LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arati Gawde ( Legal )     10 November 2010

Release Deed

Can any group of person release their immovable property in favour of non-relative person / entity ? If yes, plz give legal reference for the same. Thanks in advance

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     10 November 2010

There is no question of relative or non-relative in case of a release deed. One co-owner can release his share in favour of the other co-owner.

1 Like

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     10 November 2010

Transfer of property through release can only be done between/among co-owners and not otherwise.

(Guest)

The tranfer of release  between relatives is only between co-owners. and not between non-relatives.  I think you are stating  like relinquishing the property.   If a person or group of persons want to release a property  to non-relatives the persons or groups of persons has to execute a gift deed or will.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 November 2010

I agree with all person answer.

M.Iqbal Khan Advocate (CEO)     11 November 2010

I also agree with the all advocates. The release is execute between co-sharers and co-owners. If any documents have many owners and one or more can release their right through release deed.

Arati Gawde ( Legal )     11 November 2010

Thanks for all you reply. In this context i further want to ask that can group of person Release their share in favor of company ? who is not co-owner of immovable property.

sandeep (Owner)     16 July 2012

Is there any legal reference or article which states the same "Transfer of property through release can only be done between/among co-owners and not otherwise." Thanks for all the help in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register