Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Engineer)     26 October 2010

Wife took away gold ornaments

Hi

We are not divorsed but fights mainly due to my wife bring arrogent. She has not took away all gold ornaments that I purchased for her in the past from my salary savings.

Whose leagl right is on the gold ornaments ? Please suggest.

Learning

27 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 October 2010

only your wife has the right

1 Like

sophia (advocate)     26 October 2010

Hi!   ornaments are movable property,subject to the proof ,you can get back the those

Ghajini (SSE)     26 October 2010

No right of wife, you can easily get them back producing bills legally

hedevil hydraheaded (non professional )     26 October 2010

If it is a gift from you, my non legal opinion is that it should be wife's property. 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 October 2010

You have got right over the golden ornaments, but subject to proof

DALJIT SINGH SODHI (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 October 2010

Dear,A WOMAN CAN RETAIN WITH HER "ISTRIDHAN"FOR WHICH ONLY YOU HAVE EITHER TO ISSUE LEGAL NOTICE OR LODGE A FORMAL COMPLAINT ABOUT THE SAME BEFORE POLICE IN ORDER TO SHOW YOUR GENINUNES BEFORE APPROPRIATE COURT OF LAW AT APPROPRIATE TIME AS AND WHEN IF SHE OR HER PARENTS WILL CLAIM ABOUT HER ISTRIDHAN.

DALJIT SINGH SODHI (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 October 2010

EVEN GIFTS GIVEN AFTER MARRIAGE IS ABSOUTELY FREE YOUR CHARGE AS NO ONE CAN GIVE CONDITIONAL GIFTS.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 October 2010

watever gits a married girl gets are her streedhan as i understand...isnt it so?

then why shud they be returned?

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     26 October 2010

if u purchaged the gold ornaments for yr wife then she takes their things!

wht problem?

1 Like

yeah! What's the problem? You gave him, she took it and then took it away...very logical sequence :)

1 Like

Self service (None)     26 October 2010

If receipts are on your name and you purhcased from your earnings. This is yours not "streedhan" until unless you gifted her. Just permiting to use on occassion is not "streedhan". Just say you purhcased for mother and you permitted wife to use occassionally.

1 Like

Anonymous1 (fjslfj;)     26 October 2010

My 2 cents on the above post.. "if u purchased the gold ornaments for yr wife then she takes their things! wht problem?

The problem is whether she continues to be wife or not...if she is not ready to be 'wife" then why in the he** should a man spend penny on her..

1 Like

Call to the author....

Please clarify whether it was a gift from you to your wife? 

It is not fair to make mothers  tools for settling  scores with wives. 

You see women as mothers and as wives remain tools after all ....for one reason or the other. 

(Guest)

you said you are not divorced then wife take away gold then what is the problem ?

You and your wife are one.your money wife money your gold wife gold.

your wife love you thats why she takes away the gold  but if she behave abnormal ,something that is nor proper or something that against you then their will be a problem .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register