Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 October 2010

A wonderful Karvachauth gift to husband..

GURGAON: On the eve of Karva Chauth, Delhi businessman Bhupinder Singh (45), who has been suffering from terminal liver cirrhosis and had been reduced to a comatose condition several times in the last six months, got a new lease of life, when his wife donated half of her liver to him in a transplantation operation.

Bhupinder's wife Anita (39) said she was only too happy to save her husband's life.

The liver transplant was conducted at Medanta on October 23. The couple is recuperating in the hospital's intensive care unit.

Dr A S Soin, chairman of Medanta Institute of Liver Transplant, who operated upon the couple said, "Bhupinder's condition was critical and complex. A transplant was the only solution. The operation involved taking half of the donor's liver."

Both patients are responding well to treatment and will be discharged in 10 days. Livers of both people will regenerate within one-and-a-half months and they can lead normal lives thereafter. Bhupinder will be able to join his job in 2-3 months, but he will be on medication for the rest of his life," added Dr Soin.

Dr Soin said this was the best gift a wife could give her husband on Karva Chauth.

Bhupinder said he was first diagnosed with the problem last December and was prescribed medicines. "However, the medicines were not really effective. The doctors said I needed a liver transplant and that anyone from my family could be a donor."

Thanking his wife, Bhupinder said, "She is a lovely woman and my greatest support."

Anita, an ardent believer in god, said she had done nothing extraordinary, just her duty as a wife. She has been keeping a fast during Karva Chauth for the past many years.

Dr Soin said in 90% of cases relating to liver donation between spouses, it is the wife who does the giving.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/Wifes-karva-chauth-gift-Half-her-liver/articleshow/6811791.cms

DEAR MEN,There are good wives also.Just be wise while selecting one,instead of giving importance to her financial status.And you shall be happy forever.

Learning

68 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     26 October 2010

Thanks Roshani Madam For posting this news,

Yes,Indeed it is "A wonderful Karvachauth gift".

We must promote organ and blood donations, So here she has become Goddess for him.

Time and again it is prooved that, a wife can even give her life for sake of her husband.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 October 2010

THANKS MS ROSHNI FOR THE INFORMATION.

DEAR MEN,There are good wives also.Just be wise while selecting one,instead of giving importance to her financial status.And you shall be happy forever.

Just be wise while selecting one !!
HOW? THE WHOLE THING IS IN THE WOMB OF FUTURE.
1 Like

ok then dont find one...

simple...problem solved!

1 Like

one way is there

try getting in touch with this person who's been gifted liver.

meet him and gift him flowers.

ask him "mere dost...zara mujhe batao ki tumhe aisi biwi kaise mili?

mai bhi ek achhi dharampatni dhundna chahta hu"

wo puchenge aap kon?

so apna naam bataake kahna "mai LCI ka ek active member hu...mere jaise bahut bechaare LCI me aasra dhund rahe hai...kabhi aap bhi LCI ke chakkar lagaake dekhna ki yaha men ka kya haal hai"

i am sure wo aapka dukh dekhke aapko achhi biwi dhundne kaa raaz batayenge

good luck!

(Guest)

yes it is the the best gift a wife could give her husband on Karva Chauth.

gifted liver is good for you .Anita you dne good job...

i bless you a happy and healthy married life.

ebay japan

Jamai Of Law (propra)     26 October 2010

Roshni ji,

A good posting.

As far as sharing the body parts with the spouse is concerned!!! .........................

............................All Aggrieved males here on LCI are for the same agenda....................but their complaint is not about their liver but about their blood and brain!!!

(Guest)

What is "Karva Chauth" ?  

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 October 2010

one way is there ........

why all ladies are not so kind?

instead of donating leaver, wives should donate their maintenance to the poor husband. at karvachauth.

2 Like

(Guest)

Are yaar Arup ji, jo jinda rahega wahi to maintenance dega na !! kya aap bhi bas.

Anyone please tell me waht is this "Karva Chauth" ?  Is this something token repayment of maintenance or what ?

aflatoon dash (health)     26 October 2010

very touching truth.Wifes can be wonderful and great too.They usually are till you touch the wrong cord.

2 Like

arup jee we are discussing wife giving "liver"...wot is this "leaver" that u said?

karvachauth pe ek wife bhooki pyaasi rahti hai and aap jaise "poor husbands" usse maintenance bhi cheenna chahte hai...aapki sui abhi bhi wahi atki hui hai?

anyways,ek aadmi mar raha hai and uski biwi use "liver " ki jagah maintenance de to kya wo zinda bachega?ye kaisa logic hai aapka?kyuki wo paisa to biwi ko waapas mil jayega.

jab aap us "liver man" se milne jaye naa phool leke,please ye maintenance advice use na dena...nahi to un dono me jhagra ho jayega ...app ko khisak lenge waha se.

or haa jab unse achhi patni paane ka raaz malum karke aayenge na to use LCI me share zarur karna.sirf apne tak mat rakhna..taaki LCI ke bechaare men bhi use pare..or aapko shabaashi de.

@ ram samudre

karwachauth is a festival in .india whr. married women remain hungry n thirsty whole day till moon surfaces.then they look at moon and break their fast.

meanwhile their hubbies enjoy all meals the whole day and sit on LCI to discuss important things so that maintenance can be avoided or taken from them.for more details u shud do google search,as i dont know many details..

after seeing moon some husbands take their wives to a restaurant to treat them as they are v.hungry...while some wait for them to finish cooking

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     26 October 2010

Ram ji,

ek snskar hai.astha hai.viswas hai.

saal main ek baar aata hai.

pahle se chla aa raha hai.

mahilaye apne pati k liye brt rakhti hai.

aur shaam ko pati ke per chooti hai.

chandrma ke darshan karti hai.

fir bhojan karti hai.

@ raam jee

most important point:

they keep this fast so that their husbands lead a v.long life

ram jee

this link explains the custom v.nicely

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tsIgRWz1hlQJ:hinduism.about.com/od/festivalsholidays/p/karwachauth.htm+karwa+chauth&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register