LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parth Chandra (none)     19 October 2010

Witness List in CRPC 125

When petitioner is supposed to provide list of their witnesses to opponent in CRPC 125?

1)     Before cross examination of the petitioner?

2)     After cross examination of petitioner? à In this case it is possible that the respondent may want to ask some further question to petitioner herself related to her relation with the witness….Can respondent ask for petitioner’s cross examination again in this case?

Learning

7 Replies

Hi Experts,

Kindly reply as the date of next hearing is tomorrow only for my wife's cross-examination. I have strong feeling that she would bring in one of her friend as witness.....If I can get witness list before her cross-examination (and if her friend's name is there) then I want to add some question related to her relationship and communication with him.

But if I come to know after her cross-examination then I would have to ask these question only to his friend which may not be that much of help.

Thanks in anticipation,

PC

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 October 2010

After her cross examination your wife can file a list of wittiness. Petitioner may be recalled for further cross examination.
1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 October 2010

witness list already prepared by the court.

i understood that you are unable to ascess it.

tell your advocate to keep a criminal lawyer for assisting him.

i think you are not sufficiently free with your lawyer.

court already prepared it and kept it in writting in your file.

you may check it.

1 Like

you be ready with your questions.

ask your wife and her friend both.

1 Like

Rajeev / Arup,

I am a bit confused now.....as my lawyer gave me reply (same as Rajeev Sir) that at completion of her cross-examination, they will give the list of witnesses that they may produce in next hearing.......But as per Arup Sir....Court must be having a list already......in that case how to get it....can I ask the judge directly ... or it has to be done via clerk....just like certified copy?

Thanks,

PC

can I ask the judge directly ... or it has to be done via clerk

ASK THE CLERK FOR YOUR FILE BUT IF YOUR ADV PRESENT THERE THEY MAY NOT SHOWN TO YOU BUT THEY MUST SHOW IT TO YOUR ADVOCATE. YOU MAY REQUEST YR ADV FOR THE SAME.

ANOTHERWAY, HAVE AN INTEMACY WITH THE CONCERNED CLERK AND GET THE DESIRED RESULT.

AS A GENERAL PRACTICE LIST PREPARED AND ENTRIED IN THE FILE, AT BEFORE CALLING THE WITNESSES, BUT THAT COURT MAY TAKE A DIFFRENT PROCEDURE.

1 Like

YOU MAY ASK FOR CERTIFIED COPY OF EACH DAY.

NO PROBLEM FOR IT.

IT IS A GOOD PRACTISE.

YOU WILL BE GETTING DAY TO DAY DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR CASE.

JUST FILL UP THE PROFORMA, AND COLLECT ON THE PRESCRIBED DAY.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register