LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.kumar.bangalore (executive)     18 October 2010

i want to get divorce

i got married on 2004 and i got a male child on2005, after that she did not come back to live with me.In the year 2006 she told me, she will not come and live with me, then i moved court on 2007 for restitution of conjugal rights,the court finally given order to live with me on June2007. But she had not come  on still date,i filled a divorce on april2010 ,now she is making lot time to reply and post pone the dates ,i want to get her divorce from her ,what are the legal option to get divorce and not pay maintance to her( she is working), i am ready to pay my son maintance.please help me detail.

Learning

6 Replies

how to get quick divorce for her, with out harming much money for the law.i am really got worried, how the indian law is very slow and wasting time.

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     18 October 2010

Ask your lawyer to take objections when she seeks adjournments. Your lawyer can make application to the court to proceed with the case without the ws / say of the respondant.

(Guest)

The grounds for divorce in India mentioned under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Desertion – If one of the spouses voluntarily abandons his/her partner for at least a period of two years, the abandoned spouse can file a divorce case on the ground of desertion.

So,its very much clear for you as you said that the court finally given order to live with me on June2007. But she had not come  on still date,i filled a divorce on april2010 .

Now you asked what are the legal option to get divorce and not pay maintance to her( she is working)?

If her earning is not enough according to your standards  or not enough ,then court can give maintenance .one thing for your relief is that you have to pay less or none as she is working .

thanks for the reply  to  archana and kushan sir,

what is mean ws archana madam , i am not able to understand the line.

can i file a petition in hight court for speedy dismal and  to give me divoce as well as condem of court to her not living with me after issuing the court order,it is possible.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     19 October 2010

Written statement.

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     19 October 2010

Ur question is fully answered by Ms.Archana.

Regarding maintenace, u r answered by Mr.Vyas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register